Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

interference with a gws naro 4-channel receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 03:17 PM
jonkas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interference with a gws naro 4-channel receiver

i have found that i get interference in the strangest places with my micro receiver and park flyer.

i can fly in the middle of a park surrounded by power lines, cell towers, etc. and not have a single problem.

however, when i go to my inlaws farm, 40 acres, without anything around, i find that i have interference in the middle of a field. i have also found this at my fathers 5 acre home and field.

at first i thought that it was my antenna touching the metal landing gear on my plane, but i've re-strung the antenna so it doesn't go near any metal, and the interference happens in roughly the same spot every time.

has this happened to anyone else? does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? some tips, advice, or instruction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
jonkas
Old 05-20-2003, 03:44 PM
ec121k

Is there an electric fence nearby? Those fence chargers are pretty "dirty" and can emit some nasty rf. Also other things like unshielded magnetos on farm equipment.

Keep in mind that the GWS single conversion receiver is pretty crude compared to most.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:16 PM
jonkas

that's a good observation ... i'll check for them.

what micro receiver would you suggest?
Old 05-21-2003, 06:56 AM
ec121k

If you want a really good single conversion, check out the Berg. I've not used one but they are very good. What I like and I have one, is the FMA Diirect dual conversion receivers. They offer several that are .5oz. These are larger than the GWS but not by much. Try www.fmadirect.com. They have an extremely small dual conversion 5 channel. I happen to have one of their 8 channel Quantums and it is also suitable for park flyers.