Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X9303 Auto Land Mix Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
RCHubbub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR X9303 Auto Land Mix Problem

I seem to have a weird issue with my X9303 between its Auto Land feature and the multi-point Mix #2.

First off, without even worrying about Mix #2 when I first activate the Auto Land feature, the throttle setting that comes up is 114. Which seems very odd as the setting should be somewhere between 1 and 100%. But when the 114 comes up, I can't scroll down but only scroll up until it reaches 125 and then rolls over to 1. Once it does that then the only range available is between 1 and 100 as expected.

So, if I set this to 95%, it works as expected.

Now to the Mix #2. I have this set up as a Rudder to Aileron multipoint mix where the points are at -6, -3, -1, 0, -1, -3, and -6.

With this mix setup and activated, if I go back to the Auto Land, the throttle setting has changed to 48. Ok, so I go hmmm, and change it back to 95. But now if I go back to Mix #2, point 5 has changed to +90, to where the points are now at -6, -3, -1, 0, -1, +90, -6. Let's just say this little discovery occurred in flight and made for some good puckering.

So, at the moment, I can't have the Auto Land feature set to where I want it without getting some crazy value in Mix 2 on point 5 otherwise to keep point 5 where I want it, Auto Land will move to and have to stay there at 48%.

Both of these features seem totally unrelated and I can't find anything that would relate them to respond to each other in such a weird way especially with it being with only a single point in the mix.

So, I've INH Auto Land for peace of mind, but would like to get anyone else's thoughts. At the moment for me, it looks like a software glitch in the radio's programming.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
RCHubbub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR X9303 Auto Land Mix Problem

Update. Well, apparently this issue happens with even a brand new model programmed into the radio and with making no other changes other than activating Mix 2 and then going over to Flaps, Auto Land, and activate and set the throttle to some value between 1 and 100 and then going back to Mix 2 where I can see point 5 has changed to some nonsensical value. I called JR and discussed it with then, and apparently it is something with my radio that I need to send back to have resolved.