Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Training Cord for Futaba 6EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Training Cord for Futaba 6EX

Can anyone tell me if there is a training cord that will let me connect my 6EX transmitter with a Hitec Focus 4 trainer box?

(Thought I'd turn this stone over berfore I spring for a new trainer box.[&:])
Old 08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Training Cord for Futaba 6EX

ORIGINAL: Bruno Stachel Can anyone tell me if there is a training cord that will let me connect my 6EX transmitter with a Hitec Focus 4 trainer box?
Not off the shelf, but you can purchase the three section Hitec trainer (Buddy cable) package, #58321 which has two adaptors with a Master Din Plug, a Student Din Plug and a connecting lead with 3.5mm stereo plugs at each end. (NB do not use a standard stereo leads as tip to ring are crossed over) This provides for use between any combination of a 9.6v Hitec TX and 7.2V Hitec TX. Purchase a readily available Square mini plug E6-192J for Futaba & Kyosho Trainer and Simulator cord and make a similar adaptor so your 6EXA can be used as either a master or student box with a Hitec TX.
See TX 2 TX = buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of transmitters if your wish to make a single cable which will make either TX the dedicated Master or Slave.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful when using Non-Computer radios as a Buddy Box for a Computer radio. You may only get High Rates on the Buddy Box and the Trims may not match. There could be other issues, as well.

I thought that Hitec used the same Round connectors as the Futaba J. The newer Futaba radios have a Square connector, but we have purchased Round to Square Futaba/Hitec compatible Trainer cables. I have one in my inventory.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber Be careful when using Non-Computer radios as a Buddy Box for a Computer radio. You may only get High Rates on the Buddy Box and the Trims may not match. There could be other issues, as well. I thought that Hitec used the same Round connectors as the Futaba J. The newer Futaba radios have a Square connector, but we have purchased Round to Square Futaba/Hitec compatible Trainer cables. I have one in my inventory
1. Same applies for majority of computer TX, all mixes and parameters must also be input into the student box inless using say a Futaba 9CAP which allows student box to use parameters input into the master.
2. Futaba have used three different types of connector. The 2nd generation being the 8 pin DIN plug as used by Hitec. However, Futaba cords are two way whereas Hitec use a one way cable. If a Futaba cable is used with a Hitec TX, pins 4&5 must be shorted out at the student end to prevent possible damage to the Master TX, especially so for the first FF8 (8UAP) amongst others.
Refer to warnings under Buddy boxes on my web page and at TX2TX use of dedicated a one way cable with a permanent student end only be used for all.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm going to get a Futaba box and cord.

Nice website A.T.