Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba T6XH Transmitter battery upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba T6XH Transmitter battery upgrade

I have the Futaba T6XH Radio purchased 3 years ago and I want to upgrade the transmitter battery pack, can I go from stock NT8JY 500mah battery pack to the NT8F6008 600mah Battery Pack that came with my 6YG radio transmitter. I have the charger
that goes with the NT8F6008 should I use it if this battery pack works instead of the older charger or will the electronics in the radio accept the slightly higher charge rate.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:18 PM
strato911

If the battery connector fits, go ahead. No problems. Use whichever charger you want. They are likely the same inside. the electronics inside the radio won't care even if you quadruple the charge rate.

To learn more, check out the Batteries & Chargers forum.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:30 PM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Why not go crazy and put an 1100 mah NiCd or 1650 NiMh pack in? Either one can be had for less than 30 bucks.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Basil Yousif

Because I bought a Futaba 6YG radio sytem instead of a flight pack and I am utilizing the extras like getting the crystals and the
slightly larger transmiter batt pack along with the extra transmitter. Compare - the flight pack is $139 with 3004 servos, and the complete 6YG radio system with 3004 is $149. They should make flight packs cheaper so they are cost effective in relation to the whole radio system.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:35 PM
strato911

How much for the leftover Tx (minus battery)? I would like to have a buddy box...
Old 05-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Basil Yousif

I am trying to utilize the 6YG transmitter for my little airplane by buying a reciever to replace the vanguard one and splicing in futaba connectors on the servos. If I can't buy this Futaba reciever off this guy for $30 then I will have the 6YG transmitter for sale but if I do buy the reciever then I will have a Airtronics Vanguard Transmitter w-TX Ni-cad battery, reciever and switch harness for sale for pretty cheap. I don't know what these Items are worth like the 6YG transmitter and the Airtronics system so you'll have to make me an offer. I can keep you posted on which I will have for sale if you want. The Vanguard FM is an older model around 95' but it works excellent.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:06 PM
strato911

Does the Vanguard have a trainer port? That's all I'm after. My old AM unit doesn't. I want to use it with simulators, or for teaching people who want to "try-before-buy" with my plane.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:09 PM
flatfour

I use Hitec flight packs. $105 with 4BB servos and a 7ch shift select receiver
Old 05-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Basil Yousif

But does that come with the RX crystal and nicads because adding those items can bring the price up. Also is it compatable with the Futaba transmitter and crystal. How does the quality of Hitech compare to Futaba as far as the flight pack goes.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:11 PM
flatfour

Yes it includes the crystal and Nicads. I have hitec gear in all of my planes except the stuff that came with my first TX.

I will send you a PM of where I get them.