Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Heads-up warning: Corona 2.4GHz

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:44 AM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads-up warning: Corona 2.4GHz

If you're thinking of splashing out on a Corona-RC 2.4GHz system you should read this first.

It seems that the first production run of these systems is known to be faulty but Corona are allowing dealers to continue selling them.

Anyone who buys one will have to return it to the dealer, who'll return it to Corona, who'll test it then return it to the dealer who will return it to you.

Does that sound unreasonable?

I think so.

It means that those who buy now may end up paying extra postage and waiting an unknown amount of time to actually get what they paid for.

And, even when they do get one that works, it appears that there are still a few bugs to be ironed out (according to some who have been lucky enough to get second-run units).

I'm still talking with Corona-RC about this but for the time being I'd sit on my fingers rather than hitting the buy key on these systems.

Since their original crystal-controlled SC and DC receivers, nothing Corona has produced seems to have worked reliably if at all.

Their digital servos were a bust, their original synth receivers had such lousy firmware that they were virtually unusable in may cases due to poor resolution and even their latest synth receivers are very hit-and miss, with an increasing number of people losing models to "sudden and unexplained failures" of the units in the air (still faulty when recovered).

I wonder if they lost a key design engineer at some stage - something sure went wrong.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Heads-up warning: Corona 2.4GHz

This is the first time in my 19+ years of RC experience that i hear about Corona being an RC radio manufacturer. There is a good phrase used a lot on another web forum that I like: "you get what you pay for".

If it is not Futaba, JR/Spectrum, Hitec, Airtronics, or Multiplex; I wouldn't waste my time with it. But that is my personal opinion.

Rafael
Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heads-up warning: Corona 2.4GHz

These sound awesome! Where can I order one from in case I need a gift for a pilot that I don't like?