RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo arm compatibility

Old 05-21-2003, 09:51 AM
nutoflyin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servo arm compatibility

Are GWS and Futaba servo arms interchangeable. I need the longer arm that comes with the GWS and it seems to fit on the Futaba servo tightly . Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:28 AM
motorbroker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If the servo arm will slide over the output shaft with just a little resistance it is probably OK. But if you have to use a lot of force to get it on the shaft be careful. Sometimes arms will fit but loosley or only with a lot of pushing. One way to check for sure is to turn the arm once it is on the shaft and feel and listen for any slippage. If it slips, don't use it as it will be worse in the air and you will lose your trim setting.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:47 AM
rcamp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Be very careful here. I am not personally familiar with the GWS servos so I don't know their output shaft specifics. But the Futaba's use a 25 spline shaft. I am not familiar with any other brand that matchs that. Unless you are sure the GWSs are 25 spline, don't do it. Better, Dubro has some heavy duty plastic arms for Futaba and if you look around there are several aluminum arms available that fit the 25 spline Futabas.