Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum modules

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Spektrum modules

Anyone know if I put a Spektrum module in a 10C or 12Z will I still only get 8 or 9 channels?

Mike
Old 09-01-2008, 11:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum modules

AFAIK the Spektrum air modules are 8 channels.
http://www.spektrumrc.com
Old 09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
BaldEagel

So why do they sell a 9 channel Rx, is that only compatable with the JR 9 channel Tx? I am sure that a 12 channel Rx will be comming out with the new JR 12 Tx, but will they update the module to 12 channel to suit the Futaba Tx's? I am sure a lot of people would like to know.

Mike
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 PM
BarracudaHockey

The 921 and ar9000 work with the 12x and 9303 as you said.

I've not messed with the programming on the 10C or 12z but based on what I know about the 9c it only supports 8 channels in PPM mode. Since the modules require PPM mode to operate I doubt you will see anything more than 8 channels available with Spektrum modules and Futaba transmitters.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
BaldEagel

The new 10c and 12z in 2.4Ghz support all their channels in PPM, hence the question, I have just plugged a servo into a 9000 Spektrum Rx and with the DSM2 module in my Futaba Zap I do only get eight channels operating from the Rx, Spektrum are going to miss the boat on this if they don't update the modules to allow Futaba to access the new generation of Spektrum Rx's that will inevitably come out to accomadate the up and comming JR 12 Channel.

Mike
Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
BarracudaHockey

The new 10c and 12z in 2.4Ghz support all their channels in PPM
Good deal, I learned something today
Old 09-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

The new 10c and 12z in 2.4Ghz support all their channels in PPM, hence the question, I have just plugged a servo into a 9000 Spektrum Rx and with the DSM2 module in my Futaba Zap I do only get eight channels operating from the Rx, Spektrum are going to miss the boat on this if they don't update the modules to allow Futaba to access the new generation of Spektrum Rx's that will inevitably come out to accomadate the up and comming JR 12 Channel.

Mike
The Spektrum module system comes with a 9 channel rx because it is also shipped with modules for the XP9303 72MHz radios which do have 9 functional channels with the module installed.

Also, the 10C only has 8 proportional channels and 2 on/off channels, much like the 9C only had 8 proportional channels with the 9th being on/off and only available in the PCM mode. The various incarnations of PCM are proprietary so any module capable of running those on/off PCM channels would have to come from Futaba. I haven't played with the 10C so I can't say whether those 2 channels are available in the PPM mode on that tx but I'll take your word for it.

Both the 10C and the 12Z ship with the 6014 14 channel rx when setup for the 2.4GHz FASST system. That rx is currently having issues with heat related shut downs/failures as well as some problems with certain other servos operating correctly. This is because the 6014 only has a 2.7 volt output on the signal line where most rx's put out 3.0 or more. This issue has been identified with primarily the big Hitec digitals and certain ports of the rx as well as some other possible install scenarios. Hitec has corrected the problem on the new 7XXX series according to what I've seen posted by Mike Mayberry. IIRC, there is a fix in the works for the older servos but you'll have to follow up on that one.

Just some food for thought????