Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mounting JR 921 rcvr on top of fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mounting JR 921 rcvr on top of fuel tank

I am installing the radio gear in a new GP RV-4 arf and was thinking about mounting the receiver (JR 921, 2.4 ghz) on to of the fuel tank using Velcro. Can anyone tell me if a full tank of fuel will have an impact on signal reception or if you have with a similar solution that worked.

Howard
Old 09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mounting JR 921 rcvr on top of fuel tank

I do not think a tank with Glow fuel or Gasoline would cause you any problems. If you were using the receiver near a Kerosene fuel tank, there were some issues with Static Discharge as Kerosene or JetA fuel passes through fuel lines.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:28 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mounting JR 921 rcvr on top of fuel tank

You shouldn't have a problem. You could do the advanced range check procedure described in the X9303 manual if you have access to a flight logger. That would answer your question before you fly. But with the satellite placed clear of the tank, I can't see a problem.