Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Replacement Reciever

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
dyrbr_d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Reciever

What is a good cheap replacement reciever for the 72 MHz band?

I fly with a Futaba 9 CAP and have been collecting more and more planes and my new goal is to get them all flyable. So time for a couple dependable cheap recievers. Recievers will be going on sport planes using engine sizes in the range of .25 to .90

Any suggestions?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

Default RE: Replacement Reciever

Check the Sell Ads here on RCU, 72 Mhz receivers are dirt cheap.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
victorzamora

72MHz Rx's are dirt cheap nowadays on RCU.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used many different Hitec receivers with my Futaba transmitters: The Electron 4 ch, the Micro 5, the Neutron 6 and the Feather 6. They make bigger ones, but these all have worked great for me in my sport .90 planes, all the way down to my indoor foamies.

Kurt
Old 09-03-2008, 12:00 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

I have used many Hitec Rx's with my 9CAP and also some FMA M5 and Castle Berg Rx's
Old 09-06-2008, 06:56 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys but whenever I read things relating to CHEAP this CHEAP that ETC. I get sick. This is not a cheap hobby but if you think saving $10-$20 and then trust your $$$$$$ aircraft to them I don't have the guts to tell you what to do????
Old 09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
victorzamora

I agree!!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: TedMo

Sorry guys but whenever I read things relating to CHEAP this CHEAP that ETC. I get sick. This is not a cheap hobby but if you think saving $10-$20 and then trust your $$$$$$ aircraft to them I don't have the guts to tell you what to do????
You must get sick easy. There are numberous receivers in the RCU Ads that are new in the package, never used at 1/2 cost from members dumping their 72Mhz radio equipment. I would say a new in package receiver at half cost is dirt cheap. So give me one good reason not to recommend that.

Also the person who started this thread did not come here for you to tell him what to do, he came here for suggestions. You made no suggestions only a negative comment.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Perhaps the term "CHEAP" is the wrong term to use as it invokes an image of Low Price at the expense of Low Quality.

I think there are some good "Values" out there. For example, I think Hitec makes good servos for the price. Many times a Hitec servo is my choice over the higher priced JR or Futaba, however, the more I have invested in a model, the more it will impact my decision as to what level of quality I will accept.

I think that MPI servo extensions are every bit as good as the Double the Price JR or Futaba extensions, however, there are Look Alike servo extensions that have a higher rate of failure
Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: rcairflr

ORIGINAL: TedMo

You must get sick easy. There are numberous receivers in the RCU Ads that are new in the package, never used at 1/2 cost from members dumping their 72Mhz radio equipment. I would say a new in package receiver at half cost is dirt cheap. So give me one good reason not to recommend that.

Also the person who started this thread did not come here for you to tell him what to do, he came here for suggestions. You made no suggestions only a negative comment.
I agree 100% with rcairflr. I am still flying 40-90 size glow planes with 72Mhz radios and enjoying it immensely. I go to the field now and a good percentage of the planes are quarter scale or larger with twin cylinder gassers in them costing (I'm guessing) a couple of grand to get in the air. Some of the pilots really like themsome are simply showing off. But are they really enjoying it more than I with my $400.00 outfits? I think not.

I am currently looking for a Futaba 127 or 168 receiver on channel 41 and have every expectation of eventually finding one in the marketplace here for somewhere in the $40.00 range shipped and will either be new or very lightly used. It's all good.