Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with JR 12X

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 PM
tclaridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JR 12X

I got a 12X because I loved my DX7 and want MORE. So now I am trying to set up an airplane, and I need some help with a few things.

Common Dual Rate Switch: How do I set my Elev Dual rate switch to activate all dual rates for aileron and rudder too?

Expo Curves: They are "S" shaped on the 12X which doesn't look like what I want. DX7 curves looked like a parabola. Is it the same?

Throttle Hold: This is a cool feature, but how to I set the throttle level it "jumps to" when turned on? I can only find the setting when at engine off.

Any help is appreciate. This baby has a lot of functions to learn!
Old 09-06-2008, 03:02 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help with JR 12X

I'll answer your question that you literarily want dual rates not triple rates on the elevator rate switch. Go to the DeviceSEL menu in the System Mode List. Enable the FLIGHT MODE and activate it by the ELEV D/R SW. Go to menu 13 D/R & EXP in the Function List. You will see there are five sets of rates and expos for the aileron, elevator and rudder. On the right-hand side of the menu there is a column labeled AUTO. (The column may be covered by the curve. If it is, highlight the curve and it will change to the column.) For FM-0 through FM-2 the option should be SW. If not, make it so. What this means is that when the ELEV D/R SW is in position 0 you will be using the Pos0 rate and expo values. Similarly for position 1 and 2 on the switch. If you only want dual rates, make two of the positions the same. Enter the rate and expo values for the aileron, elevator and rudder.

The expo curves on the 12x and 9303 differ from the DX7 because they show the output for the entire range of stick movement. The DX7 shows it only from the center to one extreme. Also the 12x and 9303 rates and expos can be different when you move the stick in one direction as opposed to the other. Highlight the dual rate or expo and wiggle the stick. You will see the highlight changes location.

The throttle hold is good for only one value. When the activation switch is in position 1 the throttle is held at that value. With the switch is position 0, the throttle is controlled by the throttle stick.

Allan

Correction: In the Auto column set FM-0: to Pos0, FM-:1 to Pos1 and FM-2: to Pos2 if you want triple rates or to Pos0 or Pos1 for dual rates. Leaving them in the SW position for flight modes puts the rate switches back to the three conventional locations not on to a single switch.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 AM
tclaridge

Allan, thanks for the great explanation. This is a big help, and clears things up!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 AM
tclaridge

Allan, I was able to set up my radio thanks to your help. I also discovered that the throttle trim allows me to adjust the position of the throttle hold in the "on position. This is a great radio!