Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tower Hobbies Radios and Servo's

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 08:08 PM
seven6twomm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies Radios and Servo's

Hi...well in my quest to remain as economically minded about this hobby, I was looking at Towers radios and servos...Im thinking about getting some TS-53 standard servos for general sport flying for .15 - .45 size planes..So does anybody out there have any advice??...They look like they are a good deal..I think the standard servos are about 9.99 and Tower has a special where you can by 3 for 27.00..Next question...What about the Tx and the Rx...any good??.....
Old 05-24-2003, 09:48 PM
ziggy99
My Feedback: (59)

Default Tower Radio's

I used a Tower setup in my trainer. It worked flawlessly. Didn't have one problem. I used their TX, RX and servos.

Hope this helps.

ziggy99
Old 05-24-2003, 10:02 PM
richb1492
My Feedback: (4)

Default Go for it

Tower Branded stuff is simply Futaba stuff without the label.
I use the servos and they work great. The other stuff radio and receivers are the same.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:25 AM
seven6twomm

you know..I think I heard that in the past some where Futaba was actually the manufacturer for the tower stuff..Well I think im going to get some servo's and another receiver from them...thanx for the help...
Old 05-25-2003, 10:56 AM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

The system 3k are futaba and the 2K are Hitec. You can find the name brand equivalent by looking at the specs.

Some servos are a STEAL and some are the same price as the name brand.

The radio systems don't really seem any cheaper than the name brand. Spend the extra 60 bucks and get a Futaba 6xas, it will be cheaper in the long run since you'll have 6 model storage.