Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Servo Extension Cords

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 04:39 AM
FlyNDutchman
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Servo Extension Cords

Where is the best place to get radio servo extension Cords , multi servo cords etc? I am geting ready to set up a 42% 540 edge.
Thanks
Old 05-27-2003, 11:47 AM
rthorne
My Feedback: (29)

I've been buying extensions for http://www.rcaccessory.com . The prices are good and shipment is quick.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:58 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Last batch I needed I got from RadicalRC. Pricing was a little better than RCAccessory, but shipping wasn't so quick.

Can't have it all, I guess.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:51 AM
FlyNDutchman

Thanks guys. What I really need is a extension with 3 into 1.and some longer extensions than 48". I don't see any like these on these sights. I called Cermark and they weren't much help.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:24 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make your own. Get some shorter extensions and insert wire into the extension to make it the length you need, then add in the other two connectors to make your 3 to 1 harness. Please tell me one of the leads will be used for a separate battery pack. If not, driving 3 servos from a single power source, your receiver, is just asking for trouble. Especially if this is for a large model, which I assume it is since you need it 48" long, where servo/power loads can be quite high.

John
Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 PM
FlyNDutchman

Default Extensions?

The extensions will run to the back of the fuse. where the stabs will plug in to 2 servos per extension. The 3 to 1 will have 3 servos each to be used for ale. the plane is a 42% Edge 540. I bought the plane used and the fella that I bought it from said that this was the way he had it set up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	84437_13851.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	47607  
Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 PM
wildblueyawner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extensions longer than 48" - as jwn said, make 'em. Servo City http://www.servocity.com has 20-gage extension wire in 50' lengths. Making your own long extensions avoids the multi-failure-point risk of daisy-chained extensions, besides giving you the exact length you need, and much cheaper to boot.

Be careful of voltage drop and interference - This thread has giant-scale radio-related info: http://rcuniverse.com/showthread.php...259&forumid=27
Old 06-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Fishstyx
My Feedback: (15)

Agreed. I was tired of paying top dollar for extensions (which were never exactly the length I needed anyway). So, I started making my own. A short trip to Radio Shack (for solder, iron, wick, flux, shrink tube...) and I was ready to go. Then, I went looking for connectors. $6 for four little plastic connectors!!! That hurt. After an online search, I found the an online electronics supply outfit in CA called JameCo Electronics sells the pins and housings. I bought 100 housings and 300 male, 300 female crimp pins for around $60. Combined with inexpensive 22AUG servo wire I get exactly the extensions I need, but more importantly, when I need them, for a modest up front cost.

Jason