Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

receiver

Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
john schicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver

Would anyome be able to help me locate a receiver for a .Ace R/C transmitter on 72.080 .Digital commander .3 CHANNEL SYSTEM ..Kind regards john schicker
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: receiver

Any idea if this transmitter is AM or the older FM wideband? I believe Ace Hobby here in the U.S. still shows availability on several models of AM receivers.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be aware, 72.080 is one of the "OLD" rc channels, and I doubt if you'll find a current receiver on that frequency. Those channels are no longer available for use by radio control equipment.

You could probably send the radio to radio south or someone other service facility, get the transmitter changed to a current available channel, and then get a matching receiver.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:37 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

Be aware, 72.080 is one of the "OLD" rc channels, and I doubt if you'll find a current receiver on that frequency. Those channels are no longer available for use by radio control equipment.

You could probably send the radio to radio south or someone other service facility, get the transmitter changed to a current available channel, and then get a matching receiver.

That might be true in Kansas or Nebraska, fizzwater2, but I honestly couldn't tell you what the radio regulations for New Zealand are like. 72Mhz AM or FM wideband equipment may be popular there.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crud - I didn't see that part. There are probably parts of KS and Nebrasaka where it's being used, too... Not that it's supposed to, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The last radio I had on those old frequencies was an MRC 765 from 1976. That's been a while back.