Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reassign 2nd Aileron Channel on 9ZAP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:54 AM
ProBroJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reassign 2nd Aileron Channel on 9ZAP?

Hello all,

I have a 5 channel receiver (FMA FS5) and would like to run two aileron servos without a Y-harness. Is there a way to reassign the Futaba 9ZAP's second aileron channel from channel 7 to channel 5 instead? (Ideally I'd like to have independent control of each aileron and I don't have room in the model for a full-size 7 channel RX.) I thought it would be a simple task, but I can't find this specific example in the manual.

Thanks a bunch,

-Joe
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Reassign 2nd Aileron Channel on 9ZAP?

In the function list (FNC) , assign the control for ch 5 to the aileron stick (J1).

Or better yet, null the gear switch in the function list and mix (PMX) channel 5 with the aileron channel. Make sure the mix is always on by not assigning a mixing switch in the SWT page of the PMX page. Set REV and ATV on channel 5 as required. I believe you can activate the trim function in the PMX page so that the aileron trim will operate the aileron operated by channel 5.

JD
Old 09-12-2008, 06:51 PM
ProBroJoe

JD - you made it much, much simpler than the manual. I tired the first method you suggested and like you eluded to, the trim for the second aileron couldn't be set. So, I nulled the control switch for the gear channel and used a programmable mix (aileron to gear) at 100% mix to control the second aileron - works like a champ! Now all I have left to do is set EXPO/AFR and I should be good to go.

I was immediately reminded of that Staples tagline: "That was easy!"

Thank you kindly!

-Joe
Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 PM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

Joe,
You are welcome. I'm glad to help.

JD