Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8U throttle not linier

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
CYCLONEMAN55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8U throttle not linier

I have a Futaba 8U flying a U Can Do 60. The first half of the throttle stick movement moves the throttle servo about 2/3 of the travel. The 2nd half of the stick movement moves the servo very little. I have tried a different servo and the same happens. I can't find any kind of throttle curve settings on the airplane side of the menu. Does anyone else have this problem with the 8U or any other radio? Can Subtrim or end point adjustments have any effect on this?
Lee Mitchell
Old 09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Futaba 8U throttle not linier

Hi Lee,
The end point adjustments can sure do it.
I don't have experience with the 8U, have the 9Cs, which does have throttle curve on the throttle for plankers.
Have you tried resetting an unused memory to see if there is any difference?
Good luck,
Pete
Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 PM
airstik2003

i have a 8u on a 60 UCD and to fix your problem go into the exp menu scroll over to exp-th and add -50% or so and that will fix your problem. the reason that is doing that is the way you set you atv.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:11 PM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: CYCLONEMAN55

I have a Futaba 8U flying a U Can Do 60. The first half of the throttle stick movement moves the throttle servo about 2/3 of the travel. The 2nd half of the stick movement moves the servo very little. I have tried a different servo and the same happens. I can't find any kind of throttle curve settings on the airplane side of the menu. Does anyone else have this problem with the 8U or any other radio? Can Subtrim or end point adjustments have any effect on this?
Lee Mitchell

G'day Mate,
The throttle linkage must be set up mechanically correct, ie, throttle servo arm should be at the centre of it's movement, & at 90 degrees to the push rod, when the throttle arm on the carby is at the centre of it's movement, & at 90 degrees to the push rod, or the servo will have no chance of linear movement.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:31 AM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll repeat what Alan said. Set the carb at 50% and the throttle servo at 50% and make your mechanical connnection. Then use the endpoint adjustment to get the high and low correct. Try and get the endpoints as close as possible mechanically before going into the radio endpoint adjustments. The Endpoint adjustment is what is creating the non linear movement.

SunDevilPilot