Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 3 channel power

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 08:39 PM
xtratorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3 channel power

I was just wondering if the Futaba 3FR would have the same range as the two 6 channel Futabas I have. The reason I'm asking is, I'm putting a Herr Cessna 180 together and I'm going to be flying it in some pretty windy places and I don't want to take any chances with the radio going out of range or something. And, I really don't want to take up the memory on my Futaba skysport. If you could help me out I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks
Old 05-23-2003, 12:42 AM
strato911

From what I understand (and I've read alot on the matter), the difference in range is due primarily to the design of the receiver, since the output power of the transmitter is limited by the FCC regulations in the US, and other governing bodies elsewhere.

What receiver do you plan on using?
Old 05-23-2003, 01:56 AM
xtratorque

Default not sure which receiver

I'd probably be using the stock receiver, I'm not sure what the specs are for either one of the receivers. So basically I'm wondering what the stock ranges are.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:09 AM
xtratorque

Default just to let you know

I'll probably be flying this thing at 1500-2000 feet. The reason for this is, I'm in a mountain valley with 4000 foot mountains 3 miles from my house and I don't want to get lost up there. I would have a bad day if that happened.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:13 AM
strato911

That system is comes with a R114F receiver.

I can't find range specs for it, but Futaba considers this "A perfect system for park flyers", so I would suspect the receiver has a limited range. Typical park flyer receiver specs give a range of either 500 or 1000 feet. Normal (non-park flyer) receiver specs are 1 mile. Remember, these specs are "line-of-sight".

If you're 300 feet up (a), 400 feet away (b) (ground measurement), then you're 500 feet "line-of-sight" (c).

Pythagorean theorem: a² + b² = c² or c = sqr root (a² + b²)

Old 05-23-2003, 10:19 PM
xtratorque

thanks for your help