Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why not a 12 FG, 12Z and 10C website?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
VictoryRoll
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why not a 12 FG, 12Z and 10C website?

As we probably all know, the Futaba 14MZ is a great, but expensive radio. Hence, one understands the manufacturer's desire to satisfy that group of clientele as best as possible. But, I feel as though that the owners of the 12 series and the 10 series radios have a need, just as important as the 14's and to have a website and a dedicated online location where we can ask questions "all 12Z" or "all 10C" just as the 14MZ owners do.

I am a 10C owner, and I would love to have a place where I could talk with other 10C owners to understand how they set up their plane or helicopter, and radio. It would truly help a person both gain more knowledge, share ideas as well as further implant the Futaba brand into the marketplace.

It would also be awesome if it could be co-monitored by an experienced Futaba Team member, and a Futaba employee, so that the correct info is displayed and put forth.

Yes, I know you have this particular forum on RCU, which is great, but, I also believe it is too wide of an audience, and also is discriminating to the 12 and 10 series customers, to not share a website as you do with the 14MZ customers.

Please tell me you will help me set this up, or do within your own company, but let's just do it. The possibilities are endless to what can be gained from such a website location and social site.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Don

I should add, same holds true for all other radios.. i.e. 7C, et al.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: Why not a 12 FG, 12Z and 10C website?

Count me in also,us 10C owners need to stick together. It might also help Krysta and Bax keep the 10C threads centralized and not all over the place. and easy to answer. If one gets started on the 10C let me know where to find it so I can fallow it.
NEDYOB
Old 09-17-2008, 11:37 AM
VictoryRoll

Thanks for the support Nedyob, much appreciated!

I will start this website up, if Futaba does not wish to do, for whatever reason(s), but it sure would make things a whole lot easier for both Bax, Krysta (Futaba) and the user community to have a one-stop-location for "ALL THINGS 10C", or "ALL THINGS 12Z", etc. This is not a cost that is prohibitive, or a task that is overwhelming in any sense of the word.

Please respond, both Bax, Krysta, and YOU USERS !!! Let's see the support for this needed portal of info and tips, techniques, etc... only "ALL 10C" as mentioned.

I may put up a poll to this post to see the kind of support for it if I don;t see enough response here. That way, we can see if there is a large community of users that would enjoy the benefits from this site.

BTW, I will provide the cost for the website and I would be willing to have Futaba as one of the moderators, should they wish.

Whatever it takes, I want this to happen, if at all possible.

Thank you all.

Peace.

Don Schipani

Old 09-17-2008, 02:49 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

It already exists. Thw www.14mz.com forum covers radio types other than just the 14MZ, and even has sections dedicated to specific radios other than the 14MZ.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 PM
nedyob

Hello Fishingships,
Just check with RCU and see if they can start a sub forum on the Futaba Direct Forum and have a seperate sub forum for each type of radio. Sub foeum on the 10C, sub forum on the 9Z, 12FG, and 114mz. That way sisnce most of us Futaba owners rely some what on RCU for our RC answers. Just my 2 cents.
If the Sub forms get started let me know so I can ear mark the sub forum so I can keep up todate with the 10C
NEDYOB
Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
bigedmustafa

The daily news section of www.14mz.com hasn't been updated since January of 2005. You'd think that offering a 2.4Ghz RF Module and receiver would have been worth an update. The overall appearance of the www.14mz.com website appears to be one big online ad that Futaba got bored with updating.

The website itself is totally 14MZ focused. It does contain a link to a chat forum called the Futaba Flyer's Club. It would be nice to see what the Futaba Flyer's Club forums have to offer. What's weird is that there is no apparent way to register as a new user on the Futaba Flyer's Club forum. How did you get signed on as a user, JohnW?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
nedyob

Thats why I think it should be a sub forum thread here on RCU in the Futaba Direct Suport.
NEDYOB
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM
DougV

When I purchased my 12FG, I sent in the registration form together with the Futaba Flyers Club form that came with my radio. They then sent me an email with my logging ID and password.

In the Forum there is the 14MZ forum 12FG forum and 12Z forum, that is why you don’t see that many threads (14 and 12) here in RCU.

Regards,
Doug.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

The website itself is totally 14MZ focused.
It's supposed to be. It's the advertising website for the Futaba 14MZ transmitter.

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

It does contain a link to a chat forum called the Futaba Flyer's Club. It would be nice to see what the Futaba Flyer's Club forums have to offer. What's weird is that there is no apparent way to register as a new user on the Futaba Flyer's Club forum. How did you get signed on as a user, JohnW?
You must own a Futaba 12FG, 12Z, or 14MZ transmitter. Forms are included in the transmitter package.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
nedyob

Hi Bax,
Is it possible to have a Sub Forum under the Futaba Direct Suport Forum on just the 10C Radio?? (Still haven't located my 12FG!!)
NEDYOB
Old 09-17-2008, 07:52 PM
IMAC781

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/futabaowners/
Old 09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Ron S

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Guys, you're not missing much at all. RCU is an excellent place to get help from others, along with Bax and Krysta. There's not a whole lot of traffic on the Futaba Fliers Club. I have access to it and go there rarely - last time was to update my 14MZ to 2.4 . This (RCU) is the place to be. [8D]
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
nedyob

That why I think the Futaba Direct Suport Forum should have a 10C sub forum.
NEDYOB
Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Futaba Direct Support Forum should not have a 10C sub-forum. We're not against a 10C sub-forum, but not in the Direct Support area. "Direct Support" means that the manufacturer is providing the support. If you want a sub-forum for the 10C, it should be a sub-forum in the General Radios area. That way, you can have it open for discussions and an impartial RCU moderator. We don't have the staff or time to moderate another forum in the Futaba Direct Support area, and discussions are not allowed in Direct Support forums per RCU rules.

We provide support through the Futaba Direct Support Forum, here on RCU, and monitor other websites as well as provide direct support at our email addresses.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
VictoryRoll

OK, so, with those inputs, would it be wise to put a "poll" up in the General Radios Forum asking whether there is interest in a 10C forum, specific to 10C radio, and another for the 12Z and 12FG together (don't want too many forums for every little difference...they're close enough to me), one for the 7C, and one for the 6 Series?

I agree with NEDYOB and with BAX. A forum on the top level Radio Section (Forum), as NEDYOB points out, and NOT under the Futaba Direct Forum since I also agree with Bax in that it would be a distraction to them, as well as us, in terms of specific technical questions can be relegated/forwarded to this (Futaba) Only Forum.

I will go ahead and discuss the "forum creation" process with RCU (I also agree that THIS IS THE PLACE -> RCU) to have these forums. I can be a moderator for the forum itself only forum issues, i.e.), but we WILL have to get some knowledgeable and dedicated (read: committed) help from a top level Futaba Team Member(s) and experts. Additionally, maybe Bax and Krysta can stop by once and a while and check out what's happening. We will obviously send specific technical questions to your forum and make a "Sticky" statement describing such (forum's mission/purpose statement with disclaimer about technical questions being forwarded to this (Futaba's) forum). Although the new forum can also be a place for discussion/solutions to such technical questions, obviously.

I would be happy to follow this through but I would also greatly appreciate anyone willing to help out or just want to be involved, please let me know...NEDYOB ...lol !!!

So, let me know via this forum if you want me to go ahead with the RCU request to start the forum up, or if you believe a "poll" should be taken first to determine level of interest/value. My vote = poll.

BTW, as Bax points out, the Futaba Direct is not the right place for this forum type, as it WILL (SHOULD) have discussion, and THAT, my friends, is why I would think the forum will be of value. Additionally, as I point out in the next post, after looking thru the first page of a forum for a particular issue, aside from a search, one tends to lose interest. It has been shown in search engine websites, a high, HIGH majority of peeps look at the links/hits on the first page, and then follow, with page >2 pretty much lost. Those are additional reasons why I believe it would be of value along with the added value of experienced flyers/users with no affiliation to any company/cause, etc. etc.

Thank you so much for your inputs, and I look forward to seeing you all on the forum, should it come to fruition.

P.S. BAX : Why not access to the Futaba Flyers Club for 10C peeps? or 7C and 6 Series, for that matter?? Maybe then the activity level would be greater..??

Peace.

Don
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
VictoryRoll

IMAC781, although it is a start, in looking at the Yahoo forum you linked, it seems a bit to diverse, in that there are only Futaba Owners, and no specific areas for each radio that would , in my mind, be a better way to handle issues specific to a radio and it's setup, programming, etc.

I don't know about others, but after the first page of a forum, I tend to lose interest. This is also a known problem/inevitability with search engine sites (i.e. Google, etc.)

If we decide to hold a poll, which I am all for, I will follow the majority vote and create/forget as the community wishes.

Thanks for the input and link, it shows interest and opportunity for a one-stop-shop for all 10C, or 7C, or 12Z, etc., etc., etc.

Peace.

Don
Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
VictoryRoll

NOTE: THIS post was originally posted in the Futaba Direct Support Forum so that is the reason why you see references to "this" forum as the Futaba Direct Support Forum. So, obviously, any reference to "this" forum should now be understood as the present location "All Forums >> Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more >> RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros" forum... or where you presently are.

Thanks,

Don
Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Skaluf

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input regarding wanting a place to discuss the 10C-14MZ systems individualy. I'm considering some changes to our Futaba web sites and your input helps us make decisions that will make the sites more useful for all of us.

Steve

Steve Kaluf
Assistant Marketing Manager
Futaba, OS Engines, RealFlight
Old 09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
VictoryRoll

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the response, and thanks even more for your (and Futaba's) interest in upgrading the Futaba website to have greater customer focus than it presently does.

I would be glad to help in any way. Obviously, one place you could start is a section where customers of specific radio models (and maybe other Futaba product ??) can be discussed, commented upon, and in general, "Just a place to talk 10C" as an example. Hopefully with some "expert" opinion (maybe Team Futaba ? !).

Having not been in the RC community very long (actually just a few months), I would like to have a place where I could talk to other owners of the 10C and see how they are programming their radio, how they are solving particular problems/needs/wants and maybe even give my opinion, should I believe it of value.

I am sure I am not alone, and the 10C community is also probably not alone in this want/need ...???

Anyway, I thank you and Futaba for your interest in helping the Futaba community be more of a community! Besides, social networking is where it is at today, as I am sure you know.

Thanks again.

Peace.

Don
Old 09-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

It's going to be hard to maintain all the different models of Futaba radios. Especially with all of the changes to the radios... (like the upcoming Super 10C... I'm not an insider... I'm just an observer of history) and soon I would guess the 9C (super or not) will be discontinued like the 8U was when the 9C came out.

So rather than have a bunch of forums for each model that eventually will go orphan and possibly face deletion, why not create a FAQs for each system. That way, all the information will be in one place, it can apply to radios that have been discontinued (like my 9Zap) and the info can remain as a resource that can be held neatly, and not take up a bunch of space.

The manuals that Futaba makes today are far better than they used to be, however they still don't address every problem we find. There used to be guy, I think his name was Edberg that wrote books on how to use a few of the earlier Futaba radios... (I think one was the Super 7, and maybe the 8U) They were great... written so you can understand them, gave examples etc. But writing a book is a lot of hard work. Especially for each model of radio.

Forums are nice, if you are a subscriber of one thread or another, but if you are looking for the answer to a specific situation, FAQ is the way to go. A central FAQ with a way that many could contribute to it is faster than any book can be written, and more indepth.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

A FAQ? Ya mean like this one... http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/index.html
Old 09-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

Sort of, that's a nice list, but I'm sure there are more questions that aren't on that list. I'm thinking of something that is a little more robust, and interactive. With the input of many different individuals using the radio in many different ways. Kind of a knowledge base that is constantly being updated and maintained. Answering programing and setup questions, not "Why do you think my airplane crashed?" questions.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
VictoryRoll

I agree with Capgains... The FAQS list, which was one of the reasons why I chose to start this thread, is not , and probably never will cover all of the questions that people have. Capgains makes excellent points when he mentions, interactivity, setup questions, etc. that fall out of the normal FAQS type model, and also do not truly apply to the Futaba Support Forum section since they are not ALL "actual" problems or issues with the product. More sublime stuff, such as a complete setup for a "name type of plane here"{i.e. Trainer w/flaps and buddy-box setup}". I can actually think of a thousand reasons why people would enjoy/learn information that would be specific or more specific to their needs/setup/concerns, etc.

I am doing some research offline to this post and will keep you posted as to how or where it all goes.

Thanks to all who have contributed and offered their thoughts, whether that is for or against this idea. I appreciate your help, experience and honesty. Please kepp it coming as the better I understand the needs/wants of the community, the better I can determine if their are soultions already in place which may need tweaking or the true need of a separate site that focuses on these products as first described in my initial post #1, in this thread.

Thanks again,
Don
Old 10-04-2008, 11:16 AM
PJ2008

i would blame the general instructions on futaba 12 z and 14 mz transmitters poor. this is such a
well designed transmitter, cant futaba spend a bit more resourcesin making the manuals better
in explaining and suggesting the ways of using these advanced features?

regrets...
Old 10-05-2008, 04:57 PM
VictoryRoll

Absoluetly, PJ2008... I cannot agree with your more... same goes for the 10C, btw, manuals are atrocious and although they make an attempt to show various types of examples, they fall down on their instructions and offer zero explanations as to why one would do this or that, in the first place.

I am not, however, sure whether the ability to describe "all" of the situations for "all" the various types of planes, heli's and setups is possible in a manual, or even if that is the right method/medium in which to explain/describe. That is why I find a "user-type" forum would probably provide such and additionally provide a two-way communication that would allow the questioner to determine whether they understand or not, the answer to a problem/issue/want/need.

All of this is good, though and leads me to believe going in this direction is good and hopefully will serve a need.

Thanks for your comment/input, much appreciated.

Keep it coming, folks.. any more ideas/suggestions?

Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.