RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitech flash 5

Old 05-25-2003, 06:32 AM
Yogi-Bear

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hitech flash 5

anyone have this radio? im considering purchasing one but i am cautious because a flyer at my feild and his buddys have glitchs with their radios sooooooo could anyone who owns one comment on what they think of their radio thanks....
Will
Old 05-26-2003, 02:12 PM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hitech flash 5

I started out with a Flash 5X and it was a great little radio. It is computer based and has many of the functions that it's competitors 6 channel computer radios have. It's priced like a 4 channel non-computer radio! That being said, if you plan to stick with the hobby very long you';ll probably outgrow it. I upgraded to a Futaba 9C and it is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. But if you don't need more than 5 channels the FLash is great. I'd recommend it.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:56 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hitech flash 5

Hitec Flash 5 is a very good choice for an entry level computer radio.. it will last you for several planes
Old 05-28-2003, 07:53 PM
DBK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hitech flash 5

I have owned the Flash 5 radio and now have the Flash 5 System X. I found them both to be excellent. If flyers at your field are having glitches with Flash radios, particularly, I don't think I would use one, although it would seem strange if only one type of radio experienced glitches. I have found that glitches tend to be on a particular frequency in a particular area regardless of radio system. One receiver may be more selective than others, but I note that the Supreme receiver that comes with the Flash 5 systems is used with other transmitters, apparently very satisfactorily so it must be very good -- I have never had a problem with them.

DBK