Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 12x Balance Menu Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 12x Balance Menu Question

Hey, setting up a bigger plane with 4 Ail servos, 2 per wing panel and I was going to play with the Balance feature instead of Y'ing the 2 servos in each wing. My question is, is there a way to possibly use this feature for the Ailerons and still have access to the flap system menu? I have tried just about every way but can not and I need the ability for spoliers. I might be able to do a Pmix but I haven't tried it, not that deep into it yet.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR 12x Balance Menu Question

Justin,

The 12X programming has a flaw that makes it impossible to have flaperons and still be able to balance the servos in each wing for the 4-AILE configuration. If you choose to have flaperons, you will be able to balance only the servos in one wing. The problem is the balance menu. Your adjustments are restricted to AIL (RAL1) and AIL2 (RAL2). This is overkill for the right wing and leaves you with no way to balance the left. The workaround is to swap one the right wing aileron servos with one from the left. The swap works with the aileron mixes but precludes the use of flaperons. When you engage flaperons with the aileron servos swapped, those on the same wing go in opposite directions. The balance should have been for RAL1 and LAL1.

To get 3-position flaperons with the flap switch for the 4-AILE wing, set your wing type to 4-AILE and in the DeviceSEL menu leave the flap channel activated by the flap switch and its output on SYS. The FLAP channel has an output but it is not used by the receiver.

In the function list for menu 66, FLAP SYS., set your flap and elevator values for the flap switch positions. Set your flap switch to one of the flaperon non-neutral positions. On one the PROG.MIX set FLAP -> FPRN. Set the activation switch (NORM, MID, or LAND) to correspond with the position of the flap switch. In Pos.1 set the mix to 100%. The flaperon/spoileron value is controlled by menu 66. Set the flap switch to the other non-neutral position and repeat the setup on another PROG.MIX. This may not be the most elegant programming but it works.

Allan