Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

another spektrum bind problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:53 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another spektrum bind problem

I can't figure out what's wrong. The switch that I used to bind (came with the spektrum radio) all of my receivers was in a plane that i sold. I am trying to bind a receiver to a new plane using a standard switch. My receiver will not bind. I have everything set up correctly but when I turn the switch on the receiver blinks once and will not bind to my radio. Is this a problem with the switch? Was the switch that came with the radio a special switch?
Old 10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another spektrum bind problem

You are probably using a switch that has only the two battery wires. The supplied Spektrum switch has 3 wires. You need a 3 wire switch, the third wire being the bind signal that your bind plug mates with.

Or ............... plug your 2 wire switch and batteries into an Aux channel. Then plug a short servo extention into the normal Bat / Bind port. The servo extention will have 3 wires. Now you can use your bind plug into the servo extention, and go from there.

... zak
Old 10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a switch with 3 wires. Many only have the black and red ones connected. You can bind right into the receiver instead. Plug the battery into any open channel and put the bind plug in the power/bind port.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

You have to use a 3 wire switch harness. Standard switch harnesses are 2 wire. I modify my old standard switch harnesses with a single wire for the signal from receiver to charge connector.
Edwin
Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

thanks for the quick responses. I got the receiver to bind as you described.