Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Lipo reciver battery with ESC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 AM
thelocksmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo reciver battery with ESC?

Allright this could be a dumb question but, I have a ton of lipos laying around from 2,3 and 4 cells and varying mah, could I use them on my glow engines as a reciever batter if I run it through a esc? Ive done it to test servos while in the shop trimming and what not and it seems to work fine. the reason is all my reciver battery I have are all only 6-700 mah and I have many 2000+ mah lipos and they charge faster and I just had a major crash with my mustang becouse I didnt test my reciever batter before flight. just wondering if anyone has tried this before.
-TLS
Old 10-19-2008, 10:44 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lipo reciver battery with ESC?

Lithium Polymer and Lithium Ion batteries are used very commonly, now, as Rx batteries. Fromeco and Duralite are common mfgs of Lithium Ion Rx batteries. I also buy my batteries from Troybuilt and Flightpower.

Just purchase a voltage regulator from MPI, EDR, Fromeco, and others.

An ESC has a Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) that splits the voltage out for the Motor and Rx. You do not need this if you are not running Electric power.

Lithiums hold their charge for months and charge quickly.