Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Very Odd Hitec Flash Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Shovelina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Odd Hitec Flash Problem

Hi All,

I'm new so sorry if this one has been discussed before.

I am experiencing a strange problem with my reasonably new Hitec Flash4 radio. I recently had to replace a servo and after re-assembling the model, my elevator control seems to have been reversed - i.e. push forward pitches up, pull back pitches down. The aileron control seems to be working correctly.

Before undertaking this repair (and some late night configuration changes on the Tx) everything has been working reasonably for the last 2 months.

Here is my set-up:
- Hitec Flash for Tx and Rx, set to operate in mode 1 (popular in Australia).
- Elevon mixing through the Tx by setting up in "Acro" mode with "Elevon" turned on.
- End points set to around 35%
- Receiver + lost model alarm + servos taped into a Zagi.

Things to note:
- I don't know weather this has anything to do with the Mode 1 operation and / or the Elevon mixing but End Point Adjustment is a little screwy. i.e. it is not adjusted for the stick, rather for each servo output individually. For example; doing an EPA on the elevator stick (with it pulled back) only adjusts one of the control surfaces. You must switch to the other channel to adjust the other side. You would think that EPA would happen before the elevon mixing rather than after.
- Servo reversing suffers similar problems.

The upshot being...
On the elevator side of the controls, if I reverse channel 1, the control surfaces move in opposite directions rather than in the same direction (however, the wrong direction) as they should.
So this won't solve my problems.

Reversing Channel 2 for the ailerons seems to do something similar - and equally useless.

I am trying to figure out if any of the following (or something else) may be the cause before having to pull all the tape off the model to take a look:
1. When reassembling the Zagi, I put the servos back into the wrong sides of the wing (but this should have reversed everything not just elevator)
2. I plugged the servos into the wrong channels (again this should have reversed everything)
3. I stuffed something when changing the setup in the Tx (Note problem persists for all save models)
4. The radio has gone potty (its a long shot)

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm really stumped.

Thanks.