Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MPI servos any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 04:42 PM
rcman-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPI servos any good?

Maxx Products seems to have their own servos line called MPI servos. These servos are very will priced for the performance. For example, the MX-870 is a coreless ball bearing servos with 111 oz. in. of torque, .10 sec/60 degrees, 1.6 ounce weight for $46. The same Futabas and Hitecs are a lot more money. Anyone have any experience with these servos?
Old 03-18-2002, 11:16 PM
PHILLCO
My Feedback: (6)

I HAVE BEEN USING THERE SERVOS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS. THERE SERVOS ARE A LITTLE NOISEY [ THE WAY THE GEARS ARE CUT ] BUT WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING WHO CARES. I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT SIZES OF THERE SERVOS.THEY HAVE GIVEN ME GREAT SERVICE.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:22 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

I have two very small ones in an FMA Razor running the elevons. I think they're 50's. They are a bit noisy but they haven't missed a beat yet.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I have outfitted my new GP Pitts all round with MPI servos. 870's on Elev/Rudd, 460's on 4 ailerons. This based on my experience with 870's on a Cap and a pattern airplane. The 870 coreless is an EXCELLENT value, has great centering and resolution, and PLENTY of torque....One important point - they do NOT like 6v !!! I attempted running them on my 6v regulator, and they were ratchety, noisy, and twitched. Went back to my fresh 4 cell pack, life was good.