RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP and Flaps setup - help

Old 05-28-2003, 04:45 PM
flapbreaker
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 9CAP and Flaps setup - help

Ok, I have my flaps setup but they don't work quite how I want them to and didn't know if there is a setting in the radio that I can change. Basically I put them on the right hand "trigger"/slider dial. . So here is my problem. I want there to be 0% flaps when the slider is all the way up and then flaps to come down when you slide the slider down. The way it works now is the 0% is somewhere in the middle of travel for the slider so when you push the slider up you get flaps up. Actually the same thing applies if mapped to one of the 3 dials as well. I find it difficult to get back to 0% when flying, trying to find a "middle" point while flying is a challenge. What am I doing wrong.

sorry story.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:26 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Move the slider to the end where you want full flaps 'up'. Adjust your control linkage so that the flaps are fully-retracted. Now move your slider to the flaps 'down' position. If the flaps move too far, you can use the end point adjustment so that you have the desired amount of flaps down travel.

If the servo travel is still too much, reduce the endpoint at the flaps 'up' position, readjust the linkage, and then adjust for the flaps 'down' position.

After a few tries, you should be able to have the slider all the way at one end for flaps 'up', and all the way at the other end for full flaps 'down'.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:16 PM
flapbreaker
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by Bax
Move the slider to the end where you want full flaps 'up'. Adjust your control linkage so that the flaps are fully-retracted. Now move your slider to the flaps 'down' position. If the flaps move too far, you can use the end point adjustment so that you have the desired amount of flaps down travel.

If the servo travel is still too much, reduce the endpoint at the flaps 'up' position, readjust the linkage, and then adjust for the flaps 'down' position.

After a few tries, you should be able to have the slider all the way at one end for flaps 'up', and all the way at the other end for full flaps 'down'.
I appreciate the info but reading your reply just reminded me of an important detail that I left out. I don't have true flaps, just flaperons. sorry for not including that.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:33 PM
bach939

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9CAP and Flaps setup - help

I'm using ailerons as flaps. I have activated the flaperons, but have the same problem. When using the slide switch the flaperons go all the way up to all the down. The only way to get 0% is move the switch somewhere in the middle. How do I get the flaperons from 0% to full down with using the switch without any up.

Bach
Old 12-04-2003, 08:58 AM
bigbobed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Activate flap trim and set the rate at +50%.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:37 AM
bach939

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think I've tried that, but I have tried so many things, I may have over lokked this. I'll give it a try.

THANKS