Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

lost signal, futaba receiver problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:46 PM
raptorv2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost signal, futaba receiver problems

my helicopter keeps not responding although my transmitter is ok and ive tried another transmitter and different x tals in another heli, any help would be great.
thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 08:54 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you running, PCM or FM?

Have you tried another reciever in the heli and made sure that it worked? Is there something rubbing in the heli to be messing up the signal? Does the reciever work when the engine is not running?

We need a bit more info to help you out, but these are the things I would check first. See if you can isolate it to the reciever, or the helicopter. If it is one or the other, you will be able to get a better idea of what to do next.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:18 PM
raptorv2

Default ok

its running on ppm, the heli is a brand new raptor v2, the receiver came from ebay. my transmitter is a jr 3810 receiver futaba with appropriate x tals, after setup and switch on if i move my tx away approx 2 foot and wave it arround the servos stop responding for a second then start up again, ive tried my receiver in my sons raptor, he has a futaba tx and the problem is still there.
any help,
thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Ross Kean

In North America, the shift of the Futaba and JR equipment are opposite to each other so the receivers will not work with each other's Tx. Don't know about the UK. Where did the receiver come from? AS with anything on EBAY, it's buyer beware!

Ross
Old 05-28-2003, 09:52 PM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't use a Futaba RX with a JR radio...
Old 05-28-2003, 09:55 PM
randy41

I didn't think you could use a JR tx with a Futaba
receiver. But sense your friends radio(Futaba) done the same thing. I would say the receiver might be bad.
On futaba radios if the radio is set to PCM then the receiver
should be a PCM receiver and vise versa radio set too
ppm the reciever should be a ppm receiver.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:11 PM
raptorv2

i was told that its ok to use a futaba receiver with a jr tx as long as they have special x tals and a friend has the same and no problems, and i was told its ok to use them by an expert, it must be the receiver at fault
Old 05-29-2003, 01:47 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmmm, don't know what to tell you. My experts have said they are not compatible so I don't know what to tell you to try. If it were me, I would buy a JR receiver for a JR transmitter, but thats just me.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:37 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The North American market is the only one where different modulation shifts are used by different manufacturers. Radios sold in the UK are of the same shift and compatable.

Raptor if your Rx came from offshore then that could explain your problem. Even if that is not the case I would be most suspious of anything from E bay.

John
Old 05-29-2003, 02:54 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Another Consideration

You also mention something about 'special crystals'. Never mix crystal brands. If its a JR Rx then use only a JR crystal thats on the needed channel. Now on top of that if your JR Rx is a dual conversion type then that crystal must be a JR dual conversion crystal and conversely if your JR Rx is the single conversion type then the crystal must be a JR single conversion crystal. They are 'not' interchangeable.

John