Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

x9303 dual servos on ail,elev,flaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
dinorc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x9303 dual servos on ail,elev,flaps

Hi, everybody, Iam graduating from 2 servos on 2 channels to 2servos on ailerons, elevators, flaps and, for good measure flaps/elev compensation.
I have followed all manual A sections, but no success[], i am a little upset at myself...
[>:]
Appreciate the help.....
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: x9303 dual servos on ail,elev,flaps

Go to a model memory and reset it so that you know you are beginning from scratch. Device Select 'gear=inh', 'flap = sys', 'aux2 = inh', 'aux3 = inh', 'aux4 = inh'. Wing Type, 'wing = normal', mate 'aile = gear', 'elev = aux2', 'rudd = inh', 'flap = aux3'. From there go to the 'flap page' and program the flaps the way you want and then observe everything working on the 'monitor' page. Just what you asked for. Hope that helps you - the two pages that take some getting use to and thinking about are the 'Device Select' and 'Wing Type' and once they become part of your thinking process then everything should fall in line for you.

Howard
Old 11-20-2008, 02:04 AM
dinorc

Thank you, I would have never thought of mating ail to gear.....Isuppose that retractcs could then go on aux 4?
I am going to try your suggestion today.
Good flying.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 AM
dave de
My Feedback: (12)

fellow flyers, I,m new to the site....looks pretty cool. I,m having trouble with a mini servo for carb, without the pushrod hooked up there is no buzz with radio on..... with push rod hooked up it buzzes, any suggestions.... I,ve spent hours on this.....thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dave de

fellow flyers, I,m new to the site....looks pretty cool. I,m having trouble with a mini servo for carb, without the pushrod hooked up there is no buzz with radio on..... with push rod hooked up it buzzes, any suggestions.... I,ve spent hours on this.....thanks
First of all, some buzz in some servos is normal. The servo is trying to establish its commanded postion and thinks it is not there. I would disconnect the servo arm(or linkage/clevis/easy connect, whatever). Then make sure the pushrod to your carb moves freely with no excessive friction. When a servo is having to exert a lot of force to reposition the pushrod, this buzz can occur. If the pushrod moves rather freely, then you could substitue another servo. Sometimes, even with two identical servos, one will buzz and the other will not. If you know the servo to be good, the servo moves smoothly without jerking as the throttle is moved and the linkage moves freely, then I wouldn't worry to much about the buzz. Just an opinion.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dinorc

Thank you, I would have never thought of mating ail to gear.....Isuppose that retractcs could then go on aux 4?
I am going to try your suggestion today.
Good flying.
I did not realize that you were going to use retracts so you could mate "ail = aux4" if you prefer. Keep in mind that what we are doing in this step is determining which receiver channel will be used to connect the desired 'function' to. So if you made the ail mate = aux4 then you would plug your second aileron servo into the aux4 receiver channel. Also, I do not want to present myself as an expert - I am just one of the guys at the field who happens to have the same radio.

Howard
Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I made up my own channel # list to keep the servoe plug ins standard on my models. Hope this helps.
-ken