Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba raido help

Old 05-30-2003, 01:02 AM
connamac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba raido help

what is the differnce between a futaba 9ca/9ch,pcm/ppm and a 9chp
Old 05-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, they all have the same programming. The 9CA will default to airplane programming and the 9CH will default to heli programming. No biggie. Both versions contain programming for airplane, heli, and sailplane.

The second letter (A or H) denotes what style transmitter you are getting. The A model is tailored to airplanes, with a ratchet on the throttle stick and the trainer switch and two position switch on the upper left. It defaults to airplane programming.

The H model is different in that is has a smooth throttle action, and has a two position tall and three position short switch on the upper left. It defaults to heli programming.

The third letter (P or F) denotes what radio equipment comes with the radio. The P version has a PCM receiver and good servos, while the F version has an FM receiver and standard servos. The heli version comes with a bigger onboard battery and better servos than the airplane version, which adds to the cost.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:46 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

The actual radios are so similar, I don't know why they make the different models. I have the heli version and like the smooth throttle stick. Of course you can remove the ratchet action (on the airplane version) by bending the "clicker" spring.

The switch locations are mosly programable anyway, so it makes little sense to build two versions.

Tom
Old 05-30-2003, 11:47 PM
connamac

thanks for the info guys