Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

HAS ANYONE USED BLUEBIRD SERVOS ON THEIR AIRPLANE???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HAS ANYONE USED BLUEBIRD SERVOS ON THEIR AIRPLANE???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 08:40 AM
hornet46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAS ANYONE USED BLUEBIRD SERVOS ON THEIR AIRPLANE???

I HAVE BEEN PRICING SERVOS WITH 144OZ OF TORQUE FOR MY 50CC YAK AND THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. AROUND $70.00. I FOUND BLUEBIRD SERVOS ON EBAY FOR AROUND $25.00 WITH THE SAME SPEED AND TORQUE. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BRAND BEFORE AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. THANKS FOR ANY COMMENTS.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:04 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HAS ANYONE USED BLUEBIRD SERVOS ON THEIR AIRPLANE???

I tried these several years ago, they may be improved by now. They have the speed and torque that is advertized but the case cracked apart over time. They had to be replaced after about a year of use. this was on a 120 size plane with a saito 180. do a search on this site, should bring up a lot of info but old.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Check out Troybuilt's HD line of servo's. Lots of folks like them.
zx32tt
Old 11-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had two of their 9g servos and would never use them again.

Both used as 'solo' aileron servo in GWS Formosa: They both failed just after 20 hours.

One failure resulted in broken plane, the other was saved by experience with previous failure and an inverted landing....
Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
The Swedish importer gave up om them a year ago! Seems the factory had a lot of problems with servos and would concentrate on other businesses. I use one of these servos, a digital BMS 761DD on aileron my Nelson powered Viper Q-500 racer, has worked just fine...so far!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:14 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

There's going to be a price to pay when you get into the large scale planes. $70 for a servo actually seems to be about the norm for a middle-of-the-road servo. On a 30% or larger aerobatic plane, you have to be careful with skimping on servo quality. Those huge surfaces can easily flutter with less than adequate servos. A fellow flyer at our field recently lost his 30% QQ YAK due to inadequate servos on the elevators. One of the elevator halves ripped off and took the whole stab with it! Needless to say, it went in pretty quick and ugly. It turns out he was using nylon gear analog servos with about a 120 in/lb. rating on 4.8 volts. Another thing to consider is sealing the hinge lines. It will improve the surface performance, and help with preventing flutter.

Jesse
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
flyinbr

"HAS ANYONE USED BLUEBIRD SERVOS ON THEIR AIRPLANE" YES
about four of us in our club tried them and every one of us had trouble with them.
I will not use them in any plane that I liked.