Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Conquest Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Swiftflier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Conquest Help?

I just purchasted this: 6CH FUTABA SYS ONLY FOR $99
THAT WILL INCLUDES 4 FUTABA SERVOS,7CH FM RECEIVER,6CH TRANSMITTER WITH CRYSTAL AND CHARGER. Conquest" FM ch26. yes I will send you the charger for tx&rx. battery is good in tx. but I want you to get new battery for rx.(coast $9)
for your own safty. you don't want to use a used battery for the reciver. this sys has a switch for trainer cord. its also gold sticker.

It is being shipped to me this week for a pattern plane I purchased. Any concerns I should have?

Thanks for the feedback.

BP
Old 06-02-2003, 11:46 AM
ec121k

One thing I'd be concerned about is the age and condition of the servos. Also, the transmitter battery should be at least cycled and if more than a couple of years old, I'd replace it.

If the receiver is a 127df, shake it and see if it rattles. If it does, don't mess with it. Send it in for repair or replace it.

What club are you in? I also am in the area. (Conestoga). I am in the Lancaster County club.

Tony
Old 06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Swiftflier
My Feedback: (17)

Tony,

My email is [email protected]. I'm just getting back into flying. Stopped by the new Hobbi Shop at Mussers Mkt in the Buck the other day and met the two guys there - very nice guys.

I purchased the plane and radio from a guy off ebay for a total of $200. I have a Royal 46 size engine. I have not joined a club yet and the fellow at the Hobbi Shop is a member at Conestoga. I'd like some help putting everything together and would like someone to perhaps buddy me for a couple of flights. When I quit 12 years ago I was doing pretty well with aerobatics and am comfortable. However, my reflexes may not be as quick as they used to be. However, I felt that a pattern plane would be fairly safe - especially if I can lay off the throttle some til I get my feel back.

When I get the plane could we touch base and perhaps you can give me a hand making sure everything is in good order? i could bring it to the field or meet you somewhere. Thanks, Bruce