Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Newbie Futaba 3PJ to 2.4?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 AM
sykdevil
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Futaba 3PJ to 2.4?

I got a Futaba 3PJ, I was thinking about converting it to a 2.4ghz by buying SPEKTRUM SPM1014 DSM PRO MODULE/RX RECEIVER. My question is that what are the cons with doing this? Will there be a slower reponse time as I read somewhere it said something about converting analog to digital...i'm confused. I want to know if there are any issues with the signal/response time by pairing 3PJ with 2.4ghz unit.

thanks

Old 12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Futaba 3PJ to 2.4?

I believe the term Latency refers to the delay between when the Stick on the Tx is moved and when the Servo moves. I have a JR XP9303 with a Spektrum 2.4 module. I am told that the Latency is higher in my Tx/Module combination than with the X9303 2.4 Tx. Despite that, I do not notice a problem. Perhaps if I owned an X9303 and an XP9303 I would see the difference. Also, the Latency may be Greater or Less depending upon the radio system.