Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Crow Setup on Airtronics Quasar 6A

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 04:35 AM
JUtah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crow Setup on Airtronics Quasar 6A

I am getting ready to pick up an Ultra Stick 60 and am trying to figure out how I can take advantage of it's "Crow" capabilities with my Radio......

Any one have any ideas? My radio supports Spoileron, Flaperon and all that good stuff but for me to set up the Spoileron function I have so Sacrifice the flaps port on the receiver (Have to use 2 and 6 for Ailerons).

Perhaps use the Landing gear port to drive the Flaps????

Any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-01-2003, 05:11 AM
strato911

A similar thread is running in the ARF/RTF forum, and toucano posted a solution for a similar radio. Perhaps his solution will work for you. Click here to read the entire thread.

Originally posted by toucano
You can do Crow with a Futaba 6xas. I had 2 .40 Ultra Sticks, and am on my second .60 Ultra Stick. All of them were/are crow-capable.

Ailerons go to channels 1 and 6. Flaps go to channel 5. You need a Y harness with a reverse (or whatever you would like to call it) for the flaps. The landing gear switch now drops the flaps.

Use Programmable mix 1 to slave Chan1 to Chan 5. Use Programmable mix 2 to slave Chan 6 to chan 5. You will have to adjust the P-mixes to level out the ailerons when the elevator dual rate switch is "off".

Now, with the elvator D/R switch "off", hitting the landing gear switch drops the flaps. Great for short take-offs. Flip the landing gear/flap switch back up and finish your climb.

Move the elevator D/R switch to "on", now hit the landing gear/flap switch. Flaps go down, ailerons go up. Voila - now you have crow.

You can use the switch on the on the top right of the transmitter to couple your flaps (flaps this time meaning both ailerons go down) to elevator. Now, when you hit the landing gear switch (with crow OFF) and pull back on the elevator, the entire trailing edge surface of the wing droops, and you have full-length flaps. This gets the plane off the ground FAST.

Finally, use the flap knob to raise both ailerons simultaneously without dropping flaps. Perfect for slowing you down once on the ground, or slowing descents without adding flaps.

The only thing you cannot do with a 6 channel radio, in my experience, is full-length ailerons. Just bump up your aileron throw and you'll never miss it.
]
Old 06-01-2003, 05:28 AM
JUtah

Thank you for the reply.....

I just read through the manual for my radio and I am not seeing where I can adjust the programmable mixes in this fashion.

Still reading..........