Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flap-Trim in 9C-Super

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap-Trim in 9C-Super

I was setting up flaperons on my T-34 and came across a rather confusing thing in the Flap-Trim menu. If you chose "INH" (which I understand as "Inhibit" ), the flap knob controls the flaperons, even with 0 setting. If "ACT" is selected, it works as I would expect. Am I missing something here?

On another topic, I went through the manual and Annemarie's book on the 9C, trying to put together the process to set up a plane with flaperons and a separate flap, including dual rates on the ailerons, aileron differential, the flaperons going down less than the flap, elevator to flap & flaperon mixing as well as flap & flaperon to elevator mixing (to trim out the pitch change with flaps). I'm not sure what order things need to be done to get it all to work together. Any tips?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flap-Trim in 9C-Super

Take a look at the Futaba site. They have (Had?) a good list of FAQs on setting up the 9C. http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c.html

A word of advise, after setting up your flaperons and any mixes, flip ever switch and turn every knob on you TX to see what happenes. Finding an unexpected mix it the air sure caused your heart rate to go wild. I had set up Air Brakes and found out, in the air, that the slider next to switch D was active and I ofcourse bumped it in flight an both ailerons went up by about 10 degrees. What a handfull. After that episode, I now turn and flip every switch after playing with mixes.

Here is the link for a spread sheet to log your setup.
http://www.stoneridgetech.com/rc/f9c...eadsheet.shtml

Don