Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse 7...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Skip 52
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7...

I have 2 Eclipse w/Spectra mod and am quite satisfied. I also have Futaba 8uafs and it is also a very good radio. I have 5 planes on the Futaba and 8 on the 2 Eclipse's If you are accustomed to seeing the trim setting on the Futaba they are not on the screen of the Hitec (I rarely have a opportunity to look at the screen while I am flyinganyway) If you need to change the trims while flying you feel the clicks as you adjust the setting.If you don't have either then the Hitec is easier to learn to program. The Futaba will do some an things that the Hitec won't. You can almost get 2 Eclipse's for the cost of a Futaba upscale computer radio. I always take 2 radios to the field and at least 3 planes (No telling who is there and on what freq.) I am phasing out my Futaba and will evenually have all my planes on Eclipse's (easy to do with the Specta Mod). Radio's are just like RC engines everybody has a different opinion for different reasons. Just my $.02 worth. Skip.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:59 AM
dant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7...

I also have the Eclipse with a Spectra Module and a Futaba 9C. My personal two "less than desireable" items on the Eclipse are the digital trim displays and the throttle cut button. True, the digital trims do not show on the normal screen display. You first have to go into the edit menu to "Trim" then you have to physically MOVE the trim control on the surface you want to check and the trim percentage will display. You have to remember to MOVE it back to where it was! The throttle cut button is at the bottom of the Tx and is next to the throttle hold (lock) button. It is possible to hit the throttle hold (lock) when you think you are killing the throttle. Other than those two items, it my personal opinion that the Eclipse is a very good deal. I had the Prisim with the Spectra before I got the Eclipse. The 9C had not yet been announced at that time. I now use the Eclipse as either a backup radio (both for myself and, since it will fly all brands of FM/PPM, others also) plus to fly my electric aircraft. I fly my non-electric aircraft on 4 different frequencies so I have 4 Tx modules for the 9C or the Spectra for the Eclipse.

As a passing point, the throttle cut function on the 9C is user assignable to any switch - so I assigned my throttle cuts to the sprint loaded trainer switch.

My experience and opinions only - your mileage may vary.

Dan