Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

rpm sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
jeep3.3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rpm sensor

ok so i just got the dx3s (very cool) but i cant get the rpm sensor to work i put it 1/8th away from the flywheel and it still dosent work on my revo applacation. im also corurious on what the throttle punch dose i havent played around with it too much
Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: rpm sensor

I think a bit more information is needed if you would like some help. For starters just what is a dx3s?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
victorzamora

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM3130

Google is a great asset! I'm not into cars, but Spektrum's naming system is DX (# of channels) (other letters). I figured the DX3 was a car radio b/c it's only 3 channels....obviously with telemtry because that's what he's talking about.

Jeep3.3....I'm not into cars, but I'm about to look through the dx3s manual and try and figure the throttle punch out for you. You might want to call Horizon about the flywheel problem. I don't know what else to say. Stupid question, but did you install it per specs? Seems simple, but almost no one does it .
Old 12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
victorzamora

Alright....I think I figured out the throttle punch. It's supposed to help beat your finger to a higher throttle setting. Try this to see if I'm right. Set the throttle punch to 100%, then only pull the trigger just over 4% (I know...hard to measure, but at 4% it should go to full). This is because nitro engines lag a little bit. If you use this, it'll offset that lag and make it "react faster" to your input. Throttle punch is nowhere near necessary, but if you want to use it just because you have it (which is ALWAYS a good reason), I'd start off with it set to about 25-30%. That should be enough to give you a good boost in throttle without killing your responsiveness. If that's too high, go 15-20%. Try it and just get a feel for it. Try a whole bunch of different settings and see what you like.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM
victorzamora

Sry for all the posts....but did you put a sticker on the flywheel like it says on pg 24 of the manual? Here's the excerpt:

If the flywheel is reflective (bare metal), place a flat
black decal on the flywheel so it passes between the
sensor and the flywheel when rotated. If the flywheel
is non-reflective, place a reflective decal on the
flywheel so that it passes between the sensor and the
flywheel when rotated.

you might want to try moving the sensor a little bit closer
Old 12-21-2008, 03:55 PM
carrellh

In addition to what victor wrote, try reading the rpm outside in good natural light. Flourescent lights, and possibly other electric lights, could cause bad readings.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:05 PM
jeep3.3

i have already ran it outside and it dosent do anything different it said to put the sensor 1/8th of an inch away from the sticker and i have it exactly that but its still not doing anything dosent look like anyof you guys can help me thanks for trying
Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Shoot! I was going to give it a stab but the 20 hour time limit expired. Dang it.