Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12FG Channel Order

Old 12-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Lightning Fan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG Channel Order

I just bought a 12FGA, having run an 8U for a long time.
I have become used to the the channel order on the RX being Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder (Almost Easy To Remember), for CH1,2,3,4.
It looks like the 12FG is Elevator, Rudder, Throttle, Aileron.
Any reason for the change? Did this change start in the 9C series?
Yes, I know I could reconfigure, but no, I'll leave it as is, because of all the other stuff on the radio that is preset.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:19 PM
DougV

Default RE: 12FG Channel Order

Hi Lightning,

Sure you can go back to using the old AETR way of setting your servos, however, with the 12FG, the computer will configure the channels as “group†meaning servo grouping. If you have 2 ailerons it may ask you to use channels 4 and 5, or if you have 4 servo wing it will ask you to use channels 4 thru 7 and so on, the same with the elevator.

It all depends on how and what kind (wing type or tail type) of setup you select in the beginning when configuring a new model.

Hope this helps,
Doug.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:47 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug,

that is whats confusing.........the 2.4 systems send info by packs of 4(ch, 1,2,3&4...5,6,7&8 etc...), so for the radio to configure things on a 2ail model as channels 4&5 (my 12Z does this too) is contradictive.
i myself would still like to get a better idea of how things need to be setup.........................i did ask this question on Fly!ng G!ants where i pointed out how i was using ch 3&4 for ail's, and the answer there was that it was correct.
Bill's (Bax) answer in the support forum was that the info (packs of 4) was only related to Heli's.............who really knows?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Lightning Fan

OK, sorry for the inane question at the start of this thread that I posed. After spending a short period of time with the TX in hand, I get it now. AETR is rendered obsolete by the programming of this wonderful TX. So much is done for you already, once I understood how important the wing and tail setups are.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:49 AM
av8rk

Lightning,

You can still rearrange the functions to your liking if you want to....I've been messing around with my 12FG also.....I could use a 2-aileron/2 flap/2 elevator setup...but that is not available on any of the pre-programmed set-ups....

Rich
Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 AM
beto9
My Feedback: (1)

Be aware that if you keep the pre-existing channel configuration in the 12FGA (and I assume the other FASST transmitters also) then if you use a previous transmitter (say a 9CAP, etc.) as a buddy box the student transmitter will be all out of whack.
I had to re-assign my channels in the classical way in my 12FGA to be able to use the 9CAP as a student radio.
I have suggested to Futaba (Hobbico) to introduce an entry in the 12FGA programming to correlate the master and slave transmitter channels... but... no action yet.
The above also applies to the 12FGA even if you are using a 72 MHz module.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

If I am remembering correctly: You can configure the channels in any order you like, and you can do this for each model, and it autiomatically switches configurations for the model you choose a different plane or heli. Am I wrong about this.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:52 PM
av8rk

Geezer,

I think you are correct........

Rich
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM
beto9

Yes, you can rearrange the channels any way you want.
However, there must be some reason Futaba changed the configuration....

Maybe it makes our lifes more interesting....
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 PM
av8rk

Do any of you guys know if i must create a condition before i do a program mix with the 12FGA?.....I want to use the rudder channel as the master & the steering servo as the slave.....I want to have the nose wheel steering servo inoperative in the retracted position.....I can do it blindfolded with my 9ZWC2....but no luck so far with the 12FG

Rich
Old 12-27-2008, 03:25 PM
DougV

Because of "Servo Grouping" http://futabarc.com/faq/faq-12fg-q939.html

-Doug.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Lightning Fan

Rich -
Having started this thread with my stupid question, I feel compelled to redeem myself by working on your nosewheel control issue. I do not think that you need a condition to do this. I'll get back if I figure it out.
Rikk
Old 12-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

BETO9, you can keep a trainer program in your transmitter that matches the 9C and go to that program to calibrate to a 9C.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 AM
beto9

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

BETO9, you can keep a trainer program in your transmitter that matches the 9C and go to that program to calibrate to a 9C.
There are no problems when I use the 12FG as a student box. I had that, one model that emulates the 9CAP.
The problem comes when you want to use an existing model in your 12FG as a master for a student holding the 9CAP. If the channels do not match with the 9CAP then you have to change the assignments in the 12FG and re-connect your receiver in the plane to the new channels.
Oh well.... at least I think the mixes remain the same... I think?!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:36 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: av8rk

Do any of you guys know if i must create a condition before i do a program mix with the 12FGA?.....I want to use the rudder channel as the master & the steering servo as the slave.....I want to have the nose wheel steering servo inoperative in the retracted position.....I can do it blindfolded with my 9ZWC2....but no luck so far with the 12FG

Rich
Rich, you do not need a condition to do this. All you have to do is setup a Pmix using rudder as master and steering as slave with the retract switch as the on/off control switch for the mix. Gear down would be the Pmix 'on' setting and gear up would be 'off'.
Woodie
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 AM
av8rk

lightning and woodie,

thanks to you guys for your input....i finally figured it out and got it working great.....

rich