Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can I convert a 75 Mhz Futaba to a 27 Mhz?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:36 PM
usurp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I convert a 75 Mhz Futaba to a 27 Mhz?

Hi, i just got into the RC hobby and I am in a weird situation. My first car was a Tamiya Frog expert built. It came with a 27 Mhz controller and receiver. I then went and purchased a Futaba 2PH controller which came with a receiver both of which work on the 75 Mhz frequency.

Now mind you I didn't know back then (early on in the month) that I could have used my Frog controller for other cars if they were on the 27Mhz frequency.

Anyway so i went down to the hobby shop where i bought the controller and asked for an AM receiver and crystal for my new car but the guy turned out didn't have any 75Mhz crystals left and only 1 more AM 75mhz receiver which I ended up purchasing. He had a few 27 and 40Mhz left but no more 75.

so now I am kinda screwed. My aim originally when I went with an AM controller is that I wanted the cheapest solution for my kit cars. i went to all the hobby shops and no one had 75mhz crystals only 27. So long term wise I don't know what to do. To swap over to the 27mhz would set me back some money which I would honestly rather spend on hopups or a new kit.

Is there a way to convert my 75 Mhz Futaba controller to a 27 Mhz?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:58 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Can I convert a 75 Mhz Futaba to a 27 Mhz?

Not cheaply. I recommend you haunt fleabay for good used buys to get you out of this mess.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Can I convert a 75 Mhz Futaba to a 27 Mhz?

The Futaba Flat Rate Service Request Form http://www.hobbyservices.com/futaba-rates.html does not list changing to 27 mhz.

Tower has Futaba 75 mhz AM receiver crystals in stock for $6.99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXBFK1**&P=7
Futaba 2 channel 75 mhz AM Receivers are in stock and cost $34.99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMRE6&P=SM

edit - I just noticed your location is not USA. That might make it harder to get things.