Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HItec vs Futaba question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:38 PM
ponda
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HItec vs Futaba question...

Hi..are the channels 1-4 functions ..ie..1-aileron, 2-elevator,etc...the same on the Hites receiver...I am trying to use a Hitec with my Futaba 4 channel computer radio and there seems to be some discrepancy between what channel controls what function as to what it was with the Futaba receiver..... Channels 2 and 3 on the Hitec seem to be crossed with the Hitec...Channel 2 is controlling the throttle and This is getting confusing. I was under the impression that channels 1-4 all had designated control functions that were the same no matter what radio manufacturer...Is that the situation..they vary???

Any help appreciated..

thx...joe
Old 01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: HItec vs Futaba question...

Hi Joe,
What brand receiver you are using has no bearing on the channel output order. The transmitter determines the order, so if the transmitter is Futaba the servo order at the receiver 9regardless of brand) will be ail, ele, throt, rudd for the primary functions.
There is one exception to this. If you go 2.4Ghz and use the Spektrum air module for Futaba, then the servo order of the primary controls channels will be re-ordered in the module to the JR channel order.
Pete
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many of the newer Hitec Rx's are AutoShift and will work with Futaba or JR. Futaba uses the sequence Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, and Rudder. JR uses Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder. The Tx determines the order of the channels.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
ponda

OK...Using the same Futaba transmitter...T4EXA..went to get another plane..now it has a Futaba receiver in it and the trans is controlling the throttle with the elevator stick..What gives???

very confused!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
XJet
Banned

Check the mode setting (ie: mode1/mode2). I'm betting the Hitec transmitter is set to the wrong mode.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
ponda

ok..what about the Futaba receiver acting the same way?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:16 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

it isn't the RX!

Your TX is set in mode 1 I would guess
Old 01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignore the labels on the receivers and plug the servo into the channel that makes the function work. Futaba labels one way, hitec another, JR another; there are some likeness but they are different brands and want to be different. 1234 in one brand could be 4321 in the other or 1342, ect.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:32 AM
ponda

yep////the trans was not in Mode 2....Thanks for the help....Seems like that is a function that ought to be standard throughout the
industry...Like right...am sure that will happen...!!

Thx again..the next round is on me!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:52 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TFF Ignore the labels on the receivers and plug the servo into the channel that makes the function work. Futaba labels one way, hitec another, JR another; there are some likeness but they are different brands and want to be different. 1234 in one brand could be 4321 in the other or 1342, ect.
FWIW Receiver - Channel Assignements for different brands
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM
carrellh

Glad you found the 'Stick Mode' issue. You might want to go through all of your model memories (even if you're not using them yet) to be sure they are set the way you want.

The "standard" assignments of channels 1 - 4 are the same in Futaba and Hitec transmitters. Some of the high end models can assign just about any function to any channel. JR is different, not sure about Airtronics.