Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

??best Way To Direct Tx To Rx In Air

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 09:55 AM
petergomes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??best Way To Direct Tx To Rx In Air

Dear All,

what the best direction of keeping the Tx antenna to RX ANTENNA while flying in flight.

for eg:model approaches you which direction should be the TX???
OR goes away from u or while turning.

regards
peter
Old 06-04-2003, 10:55 AM
KJohn

Peter I usually keep the plane off to one side of the transmitter antenna. That is, I do not normally point the antenna directly at the plane. However, if I think I have experienced a loss of control or glitch of some type I generally hold the transmitter up above my head and hold the antenna straight up (usually out of panic).

But I have flown in areas (flying fields) that were outlined by trees. When the trees had leaves there were areas of the field that quite consistantly appeared to cause a 'glitch'. It did not really matter how the antenna was held when flying in those areas. Another field had high tension lines running down one side. It was best to stay away from that much metal and possible RF leakage especially during humid days. In these problems areas the solution was to avoid them rather than try to figure out a possible change in antenna orientation.

If you are experiencing loss of control due to orientation of the transmitter then maybe the receiver antenna is being detuned and the receiver antenna needs to be rerouted or another change needs to be made (might have to remove a metal pushrod wire or carbon fiber pushrod, etc.).
Old 06-05-2003, 05:46 AM
Lynx

Holding the antenna perpendicular to the aircraft is usually best. Never point the tip as that's where the signal is weakest.