Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10 c to pc

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM
bikemad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 c to pc

I have a 10c futaba that's come with a a USB extension , I know this sounds mad but I 'm scared to plug it into the computer cos there's no mention of it in the handbook,
It came with a sim and I think the 10c just plugs into the pc with the extension, does anyone know if I'm right or not,
Old 01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 10 c to pc

I am not sure what comes with the 10C, but I would not be afraid to plug in any USB cable to a PC. If you are running Windows XP, for example, when you plug in a USB cable, it detects Hardware and usually searches the hard drive looking for the appropriate drivers. If it cannot find them, it will ask you to put in a CD or look elsewhere.

If you put the CD, that came with the Tx, in your PC, you will probably find Instructions on it that tell you how to load the Software and when to plug in the USB cable. If not, it will not hurt anything.

Most RC Simulators connect the Tx to the PC using a USB cable. Many times, the USB cable also has a special circuit, in the cable, so you cannot run the Simulator without their specific cable. It is a form of Copy Protection. The cheaper or free Simulators may not have that.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
bikemad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

many thanks,I'll give it a go now, thanks it's been here for a while and I need some one to put my mine at rest, thanks again,
Old 01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your are very welcome.

I have both RealFlight 4.5 and Aerofly Pro Deluxe. They are testing the limits of my PC hardware because they need so much horsepower to display properly. I have a 3Ghz Pentium 4 with 2Gb of RAM and an Nvidia Gforce 8400GS graphics card.

Many people are buying high end PC's just to run Flight Simulators like these. Even people who are Computer Illiterate and only use a PC for Web Browsing and Email are buying these machines just for the Flight Simulator compatibility.