Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba receivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba receivers

Hi
Can someone please tell me with certainty if the Futaba 2.4 receivers now being sold by Towers are all the revised versions, indicated by the now legendry dot.
I for one have drawn my own conclusions regarding the revised up grade to the 2.4 receivers, and consider the increase in operating temperature a large step in the right direction.

Regards Geoff
Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba receivers

Some one posted that they called Tower and had them hand pick one, since Hobbico
the importer of Futaba for the USA and Tower are basicaly one and the same I think
your best bet would Tower.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 617s and 608s I have recently purchased have had dots.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like it would be better if Futaba would change the receiver number rather than putting the dot on so it would be easier to order the receiver that works. I’m surprised that it took Futaba so long to produce the new receiver that works but in the end I knew they would.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 8178

Seems like it would be better if Futaba would change the receiver number rather than putting the dot on so it would be easier to order the receiver that works. I’m surprised that it took Futaba so long to produce the new receiver that works but in the end I knew they would.
According to Futaba there was never a problem so no reason to change the number
also the new receivers have been out since 9/08 but Futaba did not want to tell anyone
about them.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:03 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ira d

ORIGINAL: 8178

According to Futaba there was never a problem so no reason to change the number
also the new receivers have been out since 9/08 but Futaba did not want to tell anyone
about them.
Has anyone who really knows the inside scoop at Futaba verified that there is a "new" servo or is this all "Rumor Control" started by some well meaning idiot???
Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Sweet.. we needed a thread about the dots!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
RV8NUT
My Feedback: (2)

I can tell you that the 6014 that came with my new 12fg from Tower less than 2 weeks ago did NOT have any dots.....Also, the TX software was version 1.3,which indicates it was probably manufactured prior to July 2008......

Nevertheless, I would still buy the radio all over again - its that much of an improvement over my 9cap!

BTW, my 6014 works fine with my nearly 4 year-old 5945mg's, 2 year-old 5625mg's, and a bunch of new 5485 digital servo's (one channel-one servo, I haven't tried them ganged together)