Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 AR7000 DATA MARKING

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Slats!
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 AR7000 DATA MARKING

I just picked one of these radios up and when looking at the receiver it does not have the Batt/Data markings on the top just Batt. Is there a difference between the two (IE new software in this receiver compared to what I have, does this mean it is not capable of the data port) or is this just cosmetic writing. When did these start shipping. Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: DX7 AR7000 DATA MARKING

If it doesn't say "Data" on the rx then you can't use the Flight Log. It's not just a firmware change, it's a hardware change.

I'd suggest that you also look to see if it has the small plastic antenna supports as well as the latest Quick Connect firmware update:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1756

Horizon will update the AR7000's to the latest firmware if needed and they usually replace any of the early cases which did not have the antenna nubs when the do it, but the firmware update will not mean it will work with the Flight Log.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends. I have several 2007 AR7000s that were updated by Horizon to the latest firmware and they are data capable.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The switch to the DATA version was , at one time NOT considered an upgrade - you had to buy the new type.
I will check this out. I presume the originator of the thread purchased a used unit or one which was on the "back shelf "for some time.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Slats!

I guess the Q is I just bought this thing yesterday and it does not have these markings so did I just get an outdated version. There is no way I am sending it into horizon I will just take it back. Are the AR7000 with the Data markings an upgrade or standard equipment now. Anyone have an idea when the DX7 started shipping with these. The receiver does have the boots where the antennas go in. thxs
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

It depends. I have several 2007 AR7000s that were updated by Horizon to the latest firmware and they are data capable.
We've been through this before....

Horizon told me that the firmware update will not make them capable of storing/logging data as that capability requires a different board. They did say that if for some reason the board was bad, they'd replace it and the resulting rx would be data capable but they would not just replace the board as a matter of course. I got two AR7000's updated and while you can get a voltage reading from the logger, nothing else comes up.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Slats!

Enough to drive you nuts but I just want the new gear. So the new one at the shop does have the BATT/DATA label but the antenna wires have no gray boots over them, there is a plastic extension that comes out and the wires are much straighter. Funny when you look on the net some of them have the boots and some of them do not so what the hell is new and what isent.