Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 02:42 PM
gemini-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

I went out to fly a new plane today but here is what happened.First the plane is a Creeki Hobbies Staudacher with a Saito 180,using HiTec 605 servos,a brand new JR 549 reciever and my trusty JR pcm10.I ranged checked it and it was okay but when the engine was started and raised above idle all control surfaces fluterred and and further throttle caused lose of all control.With the engine off all works fine.Is it a bad reciever or crystal I fly this trans. with my other planes so I know the trans. is okay.The reciever,crystal,and servos are all new.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:45 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Default need help

Try checking the switch.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:57 PM
gemini-RCU

Default need help

do you mean the power switch on the plane
Old 06-07-2003, 03:09 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Default need help

Yes; it is certainly subject to vibration from the engine. If the system was working fine with no engine, began to show some problems with idle and low power, and cut off with full power, this certainly suggests a vibration-related problem and the power switch in the airplane could be the culprit.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default need help

Do you have any metal to metal contacts like a metal clevis on a metal throttle arm? Any guy wires on wing or tail that have metal to metal connectors that can vibrate? Any metal wheel collars vibrating on the wire? Has the receiver ever been crashed (is so a possibly cracked crystal that fails under vibration). If the answer to any of these is yes, that could possibly be the problem.