Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 compatability

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
sammy317

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 compatability

Has anyone done any research on the compatabilities of the various brands of 2.4 G radios? I know Spektrum and JR are compatable but what about Airtronics,Futaba, assorted Parkzone and Flyzone,etc, or are they pretty much their own technology?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 compatability

Its all proprietary. JR and Spektrum are for our purposes the same. Other than that they don't play together.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
sammy317

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that would be the case, but I was hoping....
Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you want to mix them up? They're made to work together are you in need of problems?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
swede47
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: sammy317

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that would be the case, but I was hoping....

Were you hoping to be able to use any brand 2.4 Rx , with any brand of Tx? None of them work with other brands(JR and Spektrum being the 'same brand'). You need to buy the same brand rx and Tx.

Those of use who use synthisized 72 Mhz radios and receivers will have to decide what brand of 2.4 radios to buy. That is one good thing about synthisized 72: there's flexablity and compatablity you don't get with 2.4.

S