RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ServoCity???

Old 03-22-2002, 02:05 PM
DeadMeat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I was just wondering if someone here has dealt with ServoCity in the past. I have placed a web order for a flightpack and some servos last Friday(3/15/02). It is now a week later and all I have sofar is the order confirmation. I sent an e-mail inquiring about my order status yesterday. No response yet. I am fixin' to pick up the phone and give them a call. What are your experiences with ServoCity?

Tom
Old 03-22-2002, 02:38 PM
T Koffler
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Hi Tom,
I just ordered something from them yesterday. I called to place my order. The guy I spoke with sounded like he knew what he was talking about. We discussed me needs and came up with a package that should work well..

Now, I guess we'll have to see if the stuff gets here in a timely manner.. This was my first order with them....
Old 03-22-2002, 02:44 PM
glalderman
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Funny you should mention this! I placed an order last Sunday the 17th of March via the internet. I called on Monday to make sure they had recieved the internet order and to make sure the items were in stock. It took them a few minutes to find my order but they did and the man said they were boxing it up now and it should go out today (Monday) via USPS Priority Mail, that means at the latest it should be to me by Thursday the 21st. Well Thursdays mail came with no package from Servo City! I called and talked to Brian who finally found my order and said it seems that the receiver I ordered wasn't in stock (Hitec/futaba connectors) didn't know why the other guy (name not known) said that the order was being boxed up and sent! Anyway, he said they had plenty of that receiver with Hitec conectors if I wanted one of those. I told brian I really needed that receiver for this weekend and he said he would personally send it out "rush" so I should have it today (Friday) or at least by Saturday. I guess we will see as it is only 0950 now and the mail doesn't come untill 11 or 12!

Greg
Old 03-22-2002, 02:50 PM
DeadMeat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hmm...

That would explain the delay. I ordered a Hitec/Futaba flight pack. But the least they could have done is shot me an e-mail.

I will call them to find what's going on as soon as the West Coast wakes up.

Tom
Old 03-22-2002, 02:54 PM
glalderman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Tom, they didn't E-mail me or call to let me know that they were out of the Hitec/Futaba either! If you call ask for Brian...he seems to know whats going on!

Greg
Old 03-22-2002, 02:58 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Servocity

I've ordered from them only once so far, but on that occasion, my order arrived within 3 days.

Michael
Old 03-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I placed an order with them several weeks ago for four Hitec servos. Ordered on Friday afternoon, and received the order on the following Wednesday.

Vince
Old 03-22-2002, 03:03 PM
T Koffler
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Are'nt they on the east coast?
Old 03-22-2002, 03:18 PM
DeadMeat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Ooops. For some reason I thought they were in California. :stupid:
Old 03-22-2002, 03:21 PM
glalderman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

actually they are in KS
Old 03-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Sailor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I have purchased one flight pack from them and it arrived within three days. Excellent service.

As a customer support manager for a technology company, I understand that there will be glitches from time to time that cause some undesireable problems. That said, the guys/gals at ServoCity should keep their customers informed of any deficiencies or delays. 99 out of 100 customers will understand and will be grateful that you respect them enough to take the extra steps to let them know what is going on with their order.

My two cents...

-Dave
Old 03-22-2002, 03:46 PM
DeadMeat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Update...

I just got off the phone with Brian. My order was on back-order for the two HS-225BB servos that I got in adition to the flightpack. They are out of stock on them. Brian at ServoCity upgraded them to HS-225MGs at no extra charge.

Tom
Old 03-22-2002, 06:11 PM
glalderman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

well Tom, Servo city is sounding better all the time...brian seems to be a great PR for the Servo City! Although I didn't get my stuff today! Hopefully tomorrow! The receiver and switch is only going in a Lazy Bee that I've had sitting in my shop half built for 2 years, guess it can wait another couple of days! I actually gave up on it and gave a fellow club member a funfly plane and motor to finish up for me! I don't own anything less than 80 inches anymore and the Lazy Bee is the only small glow powered plane I have right now

Greg
Old 03-23-2002, 03:07 AM
glalderman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Hey all! My e-mail has been down all day and they just got it back up a little while ago...check this E-mail out I got from ServoCity:

Greg,

Just wanted to let you know that your order will be arriving via UPS Next Day Saturday delivery. The Postal Service could not gaurantee that it would arrive by Sat. so we are sending it UPS Sat. Delivery along with a few free parts. We really apologize about the delay. We have been in the process of implementing an order system that ties in with the Post Office and our inventory control system so we have incured a few problems but they should be fixed soon. Thanks for your patience!

Sincerely,
www.ServoCity.com

Is that cool or what! I think they have earned my business for good!
Old 03-23-2002, 03:55 AM
wjjones
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I've ordered from them at least four times in the past. Each time the order arrived in a couple days. They have always been great to deal with. I had to order by phone, so if you can now order online, it's a new development. There must be some growing pains involved here.

In the last order I got the wrong servo, and I really can't say for sure that it wasn't my mistake. Anyway, after dealing with a very nice person there, they sent the correct servo along with postage to return the incorrect servo.

On top of the good service, the shipping is free and there's no sales tax!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:14 PM
DeadMeat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Well, I have received my order. Servos... check, battery... check, crystal... check, switch harness... check. Receiver.... ???? Ummmm, shouldn't one of them come with a flightpack? Back to the phone. :angry:

Tom
Old 03-26-2002, 04:13 AM
uciflylow

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

WOW this post was started on the 22nd and I had placed my first order with them on the 20th.
I received it today 25th that's with a week end thrown in. I call that good turnaround time.
This was all done via the internet BTW.

I'll be visiting them again!
Old 03-26-2002, 05:40 AM
brc007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Originally posted by glalderman

along with a few free parts.
Have you recived your order yet? What kind of "free parts" did they send you?
Old 03-26-2002, 10:12 AM
glalderman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Huh, I could have sworn I came back Saturday and made a post saying that I received my order? I guess not! Anyway I received my order Saturday via UPS just like Brian said in his E-mail, It included along with the receiver and switch I ordered a 6" servo extention and a "Y" harness, it also came with a Hitec foam receiver wrap but I think that comes with all the Hitec receivers. Anyway I thought sending it 2 day UPS with Saturday delivery plus the couple of extra items was a nice touch on trying to keep the customer happy.
Old 03-26-2002, 02:56 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Placed my first order with them a week and a half ago, 5 Hitec servos. Got them within a few days.
No problems here.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:14 PM
DeadMeat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I got my stuff!
All right. I got my receiver yesterday. Now I have all the parts to finish my project.

As far as my experience with ServoCity. I can't say it was bad. All it took was a call to get things straight.Ordering over the phone I think is the way to go until ServoCity works the kinks out of their web-business. I will do business with them in the future.

Tom
Old 03-30-2002, 01:07 AM
Adudein
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I've done business with them twice.Both times my items arrived before I expected them.They are also quick to answer emails,which is pretty rare.I give them two thumbs up.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:45 AM
Scorpionjack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

Servocity;
Are a great bunch of people. Brian and his Dad are providing all of us with a service and prices that are great. I Ordered $851. worth of Servo's and flight packs and they were great about getting them to me. Further talked to Brian and his father looks as though Hitec plant is moving from Taiwan to the Phillipines so there maybe a little delay but hang in there these guys bend over backwards to help us.
Old 03-30-2002, 03:26 AM
MUISER
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I have had numerous dealings with Servo cCty and they were all great. If they didn't have the servo that I ordered they would upgrade it free of charge. Great service and prices you can't beat and no shipping charge. How can you beat that? Brian is King.
Ron
Old 05-19-2002, 02:11 AM
Fishstyx
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ServoCity???

I know this thread has been idle for a while but it caught my eye. I bought $600 worth of flight packs etc. from Servo City and they arrived promptly, but with problems. In a nutshell:

Pros:
* Great Prices
* Great Service (better by phone than email IMHO)

Cons:
* Poor order accuracy. All my Futaba flight packs arrived as Hitec. Received an extra crystal, extra swtich and 2 extra 6" extensions.

Good guys to deal with, but they are a long way from ISO-9000 quality certification.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service