Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Newbie question about adding Hitec servo into Losi 8ight

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Newbie question about adding Hitec servo into Losi 8ight

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Elderchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question about adding Hitec servo into Losi 8ight

I got my Losi 8ight-t yesterday. Just started running it today. I purchased a Hitec HS-5645MG that will be going into the steering linkage. However, I noticed that the JR horn will not fit onto the new Hitec servo I purchased. Can I just use one of the plastic horns that came with the Hitec? Also, how do i adapt the Losi steering linkage to the Hitec servo horn. It does not fit into the hole on the servo horn. Do I need to drill? Also, what size drill bit do I use? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie question about adding Hitec servo into Losi 8ight

ORIGINAL: Elderchild I got my Losi 8ight-t yesterday. Just started running it today. I purchased a Hitec HS-5645MG that will be going into the steering linkage. However, I noticed that the JR horn will not fit onto the new Hitec servo I purchased. Can I just use one of the plastic horns that came with the Hitec? Also, how do i adapt the Losi steering linkage to the Hitec servo horn. It does not fit into the hole on the servo horn. Do I need to drill? Also, what size drill bit do I use? Thanks for the help.
1. Different brands use different size servo horns and spline numbers - you must use a Hitec horn on a Hitec servo.
Servo - Horn arm Spline Count and Inter Brand Compatibility
2. Holes provided in servo horms are for centering purposes only and must be drilled out to fit the USA or more common metric clevis or connector to be used. Use a drill bit which matches the size of the clevis/ball joint/EZ connector etc which you are going to use e.g. 2mm, 2.56, 1/16th etc.
Further questions relating to your Truggy probably better answered at RC Groups > Cars
Nitro and Glow Power Cars

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links