Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which radio to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 AM
fatphatboy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which radio to get?

So I am trying to get back into the hobby somewhat and get my RC stuff running again. Unfortunately the only radios I have are an old Airtronics 2ch 27mhz AM radio, Traxxas 2ch 27mhz and a Traxxas 3ch 27mhz. and they are all glitchy even with new crystals. I have an E-maxx, Rustler, two Ofna 1:8 buggies, and possibly a 1:10 on-road car in the near future. What I am wondering is which pistol grip radio should I get? I dont really care about all the bells and whistles but I have heard a bunch of people rave about the 2.4ghz systems and the synthesized 75mhz FM systems. I would like a system that I can get some range with it and not worry about losing control of the vehicles(no more then 400 yards at the max). I dont want to have to worry about crystals anymore at all. It would also be nice to use one transmitter for all of them. Im not looking to spend a whole lot of money here either. I found this one and figured it would work but I want yalls opinions on what would be the best to get that would last me for a long time worry free without any problems.
[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0161p?&I=LZ0503]Tactic 2.4ghz system[/link] and yes I realize that is a 2ch and my emaxx is 3ch but I mostly keep it locked in high gear anyways so that wouldnt be a problem. The other ones I saw that I liked were some of the Hitec and futaba systems but of course they were more expensive.

so to recap:
NO crystals
I dont need the bells and whistles since it will be used for bashing and non-serious backyard competition
be reliable and last
be able to use at semi-large distances
2-3ch
and last but not least, Not to expensive

let me know what yall think I should get from yalls experience
Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which radio to get?

The Airtronics MX-3 2.4Ghz FHSS surface radio should fit your needs quite nicely:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751595.asp