Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Neutron 6 auto shift

Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 PM
ponda
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Neutron 6 auto shift

Hi..I am having trouble getting thid receiver to recognize any signal from my Futaba trans,,,It lights uo with battery..have swapped crystal into another Hitec..it works...I have been using the other Hites 8 channels and love them...Am I doing something wrong here...was told it would function with no prob with Futaba as the others have....

thx in advance...
Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 AM
ponda
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Neutron 6 auto shift

OK..is it this simple.....just turn the power on and off and it tunes itself into your equipment..in this case Futaba..which I think is negative...
I did this and the servo "came to life"..Is there anything to be afraid/worry about with this receiver. I must admit...never had to do the "on and off " thing to get one to communicate...they just always did....

Dang new fangled stuff..what next...I'm still in dark ages I guess....

If there is anything I am missing...someone rattle my cage !!

thx..joe
Old 02-17-2009, 03:23 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Neutron 6 auto shift

ORIGINAL: ponda Hi..I am having trouble getting thid receiver to recognize any signal from my Futaba trans,,,It lights uo with battery..have swapped crystal into another Hitec..it works...I have been using the other Hites 8 channels and love them...Am I doing something wrong here...was told it would function with no prob with Futaba as the others have.... thx in advance...
Golden rule, as per your TX manual = TX On First - Tx Off Last.
This to stop the receiver searching for signal during which process servos can be jittered or driven to stops and destruction. TX On First - Tx Off Last is even more important today with the current crop of Auto Gain, PLL and Auto Shift receivers which if turned on first may not lock onto your TX, and could lose settings if turned off last. As an aside, ensure you always use the same brand of crystal as the receiver. Note your Neutron 6S receiver also has auto shift select and may need to be turned off and on so as to reset correctly to your TX. An instruction sheet is included with each new receiver.
Neutron 6S Instruction Sheet
Hitec General Receiver FAQ
IPD (Intelligent Pulse Decoding) Receivers - FAQ .pdf file
Further information available under "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures"
at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Regards
Alan T.