Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dynamite Tazer 15T esc problems

Hi, I've got a new tazer 15t esc and it is not working. When I try to program it, it will not program. The red and green light do not come on for the first step of programming only the red light. I'm using a Traxxas 4 channel receiver and Traxxas radio. Need some help.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dynamite Tazer 15T esc problems

Not that it's much help, but I've got two of these and a friend has one as well. My friend's and my first one took awhile before finally going into program mode.

In my friend's case, we tried for about an hour trying various transmitters and battery packs before finally giving up. A couple of hours later we decided to give it one more try and it worked.

With my other one, I went through a similar process before it finally worked.

I'm currently trying to get one setup for my son and have about given up on it. I've written to the support desk and am waiting to hear back.

Like I said at the beginning, it's not much help, but in the first two cases, persistence and continually trying every possible combination (including unplugging the battery pack) and it finally worked. It is such a shame because of the value these ESCs provide. Tough to beat for the money once you get them to program.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: idaho kid Hi, I've got a new tazer 15t esc and it is not working. When I try to program it, it will not program. The red and green light do not come on for the first step of programming only the red light. I'm using a Traxxas 4 channel receiver and Traxxas radio. Need some help. Thanks, Gary
    1. Check Throttle trim switch is below mid position, preferably low.
    2. Check throttle reversing switch is in correct positon.
    3. Battery pack fully charged? recharge anyway before next attempt.
    4. Refer to sub section "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures" especially
    E.P.A - A.T.V - Dual Rates differences, cautions and arming ESC
    at
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
    Regards
    Alan T.
    R/C hobby consultant for various companies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I looked into it some more and found someone at Radio Control Zone.com that had the same problem. Turns out he had the plug from the ESC to the receiver was in reversed. I swapped mine around and it right to the program mode!

Don't know if you've tried this, but it worked for me!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi.. I just got into this hobby so I'm a Noob.. I'm trying to program (if possible) the Tazer 15t by Dynamite. Model DYN4925WP. If possible I would like to remove the brake delay or the delay between forward and reverse. I'm trying to pop wheelies but the delay from reverse to forward is not allowing the torque to take place. Or maybe I'm doing something else wrong?..thanks