Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

NX8 radio and AR8360T receiver does not keep bind

Old 11-18-2023, 10:45 AM
arb6591

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX8 radio and AR8360T receiver does not keep bind

Hello, I have spent hours inline trying to find a solution but no luck.

I have NX8 radio and AR8360T receiver. After I bind it successfully and turn off receiver then transmitter and turn back on transmitter then receiver , receiver is in bind mode (blinking) and I have to bind it again.
After that all works just fine but I do not want to have to bind with each flight.

I hope someone can provide some help

Thank you!

P.S. I forgot to mention that I am back into the hobby after some 15 years :-)

Last edited by arb6591; 11-18-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If using the Bind Plug, it must be removed after powering receiver off.

If using the Bind Button and binding completes successfully (solid LED) it may be defective if powering on again it enters Bind Mode (flashing LED). You might try using the Bind Plug to see if it still looses bind. If it does, most likely defective.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:11 PM
arb6591

Originally Posted by Dick T.
If using the Bind Plug, it must be removed after powering receiver off.

If using the Bind Button and binding completes successfully (solid LED) it may be defective if powering on again it enters Bind Mode (flashing LED). You might try using the Bind Plug to see if it still looses bind. If it does, most likely defective.
No plug, just button.
So you think receiver is bad?
But it was good for a while and I guess I did something and now it acts as I described.

I would try with the plug but think it did not come with it.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:57 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Review Trouble Shooting in the Manual and try some of those steps.

Local Hobby Shop, if one near you, should have Bind Plugs.

I know you are back into the hobby but if you know someone who has Spektrum, check with them for help or the hobby shop if Spektrum knowledgeable.

If trouble shooting does not help, nor a bind plug gets it going, it may be toast. Try contacting Horizon Tech Support on Monday.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:29 PM
arb6591

Originally Posted by Dick T.
Review Trouble Shooting in the Manual and try some of those steps.

Local Hobby Shop, if one near you, should have Bind Plugs.

I know you are back into the hobby but if you know someone who has Spektrum, check with them for help or the hobby shop if Spektrum knowledgeable.

If trouble shooting does not help, nor a bind plug gets it going, it may be toast. Try contacting Horizon Tech Support on Monday.
Well, I will try the second identical receiver first and if that one works, than it is a radio, I would say but need to check.
My buddies has Spektrum but older type, that is the problem, since I came back I got new stuff .
There is a Hobby Shop relatively not too far, I might take a ride there and see what they have to say.
Thanks!