Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:46 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

The first thing to do is set up your flight conditions which are typically Idle up-1, Idle up-2, and hold in that order. Higher numbers have higher priority so once you activate hold it will override the idle up settings. Typically for hold you program this in the throttle curve with the flight condition activated. In order to have different settings per the condition you should change the "C" to an "S" by tapping on it. This will then make this setting "separate" for this mix. If you want to have the same setting with multiple flight condition then leave it "C" (combined.) If you get the HPP-22 interface you will be able to upload other peoples set ups which sometimes is a big help.

There's a really good resource for info here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=223607 including videos of setting up failsafe with more to come shortly.

Mike.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Mike,

I don't know if this has been asked or if its possible but for people running gas engines, can you just plug in a splitter to the existing pick up? I know several brands use there own wiring but most use RCExl and have a standard pick up. It would be very nice if you could tap into this with out adding a second pick up.

Andy
Any one .. Bueller ??
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Mike i have a question about the Gyro menu. What i want to know is what is the true gain for each step in gain in the gyro menu? We start out at 50% does that relate to 0% going to the gyro.

I am using the Gy 401 and would like to know for each step or percent that i increase in the transmitterwhat is the gyro recieving.

On the 9303 you can caculate true gain by taking the gyro value entered in the transmitter subtracting 50 then multiply that by 1.44 and that equals true gain(according to Finless bob).

So how does the Aurora work in this area?

I dont want to over drive my rudder servo.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 PM
MikeMayberry

AJ- You should be able to use the existing magnet and mount the RPM sensor on the other side but it may depend on the positioning. We'll have to do more research on this.

Mike.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

Mike i have a question about the Gyro menu. What i want to know is what is the true gain for each step in gain in the gyro menu? We start out at 50% does that relate to 0% going to the gyro.

I am using the Gy 401 and would like to know for each step or percent that i increase in the transmitter what is the gyro recieving.

On the 9303 you can caculate true gain by taking the gyro value entered in the transmitter subtracting 50 then multiply that by 1.44 and that equals true gain(according to Finless bob).

Anything above 50 is positive or HH mode and anything below 50 is negative or rate mode. Therefor 50% is 100% HH gain.

Mike.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:55 PM
craigteffe

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

I am using the Gy 401 and would like to know for each step or percent that i increase in the transmitterwhat is the gyro recieving.

Anything above 50 is positive or HH mode and anything below 50 is negative or rate mode. Therefor 50% is 100% HH gain.

Mike.
let me see if i get this right below 50% is rate moide and 50% and up is HH mode??? If that statement is true then how can 50% be 100% gain to the gyro. It seems that 50% would be 0 gain at the gyro and then as you increase the percentage the gain would increase by some value that is what i was wanting to know when i increase the the percentage how much is gain being changed at the gyro? Am i missing something here? i am new to helis but something doesn't sound right.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 PM
MikeMayberry

Some talk about it here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....223607&page=13
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM
craigteffe

Some talk about it here: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....223607&page=13
Thanks Mike
Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
lunarhemal

mike,

I have already done that in order of Normal, Idle 1, Idle 2 (E) and Hold. (G). Idle functions are working fine. Only when i switch to Hold and then turn it back to normal, the servo, instead of reversing from the hold position towards UP, would go to shut down position first and then return to throtle stick position ?? this happens even if the throtle stick is on High side !!!!!

i will upload a video today evening, so you all can review the same and find a solution.

I have all the 3 position -( Normal, 1 and 2 )to have equal or more throtle than Hold position.

I have ordered HPP-22 and some accessories, which will come to me in October - long to wait !!!

Otherwise programming with A9 is fun and easy.

One more thing i dont like about the 6/7 ch Rx is combined Battery and Channel slot. !! A big NO NO NO !!!  All Heli guys would agree, as Heli uses exactly 6 channels and plugging a Battery is NEED of "Y" harness. I dont like wire mess !!!

Hemal

Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Mike! It would be a lot easier but just don't know if it would fry something or cause a glitch.

Andy
Old 08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
zero244

One more thing i dont like about the 6/7 ch Rx is combined Battery and Channel slot. !! A big NO NO NO !!! All Heli guys would agree, as Heli uses exactly 6 channels and plugging a Battery is NEED of "Y" harness. I dont like wire mess !!!

Hemal

With all do respect........if you need 6 channels and you don't want to use a Y connector then the minimum you need to buy is a 7 channel.
As you probably know on many receivers you lose one channel to the battery.
If possible I buy a receiver with at least one channel more than I think I will need.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Hi Mike,

How much longer for the GPS module?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Is the Telemetry on the market ? . If so , who has it ?

Michel
Old 08-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Gungadin

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

Well I finally flew my Aurora 9 in a pattern contest, and it worked well enough to get me 2nd place. In fact it worked better than I did. Only have 10 or 12 flights on it so far, and still not quite used to it compared to my old radio which I flew for almost six years. Another dozen flights or so and I should be as comfortable with it as my old radio. Don't get me wrong the A9 is better than my old radio in many ways. It's just me becoming acclimated. The A9 is quicker, so my timing is a little off. But it works great and is so user friendly. I like it a lot. I'm glad I purchased it.
Just out of curiosity, what was your old radio?

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

So I want to droop my ailerons slightly as a switch function. Do I have to use the airbrake to ail mix thing? It seems that when I do it that way I use an extra channel on my Channel Optima 6 channel Rx. But I wanted to use channels 4 and 6 for separate rudder and nose wheel servos mixed from rudder.

Ideas?
Thanks,
Jim D

You could do this a couple of way...CAMBMIX with a two position switch (default is left slider) or the AIRBRAKE mix and then assign a two position switch to activate it. This is probably more preferred and you can use the speed setting to have it come in slowly. Dont get the airbrake channel assignment confused with the function. Airbrake channel is what I would call a spoiler, and airbrake mix is what we called LAND mode in radios past like the Eclipse/Optic.

Mike
Mike

My "old radio" was a 9C Super
Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Michel

Hi

Okay ,................................. now we,er getting into real serious stuff here . I love my new system , and without the Hitec baseball cap , ............................... I feel naked , ....................... am I the only one ,...................... do I stand alone . Is it harder to get a baseball cap than a transmitter .

Dam ,................................. now I,m depressed

Michel
Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM
JIMF14D

You did not get the cap coupon MIke? It was in my box........choice or red, pink or blue! Talk of the field here in NY..........................
Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

You did not get the cap coupon MIke? It was in my box........choice or red, pink or blue! Talk of the field here in NY..........................
Hi

It,s a conspiracy ,........................... I knew it .

All in fun , ................................. I,ve wanted a Hitec cap since I got my system . But thats only because , the guys at the field are bugging me with there JR and Futaba caps ,............................. it,s not fair I tell you . And Hitec should do something about it .

BTW,......................... I,ll take the pink

Michel
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 PM
dkennedy35

Forget the Hat I want a T-Shirt!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:26 AM
MikeMayberry

Funny you guys should mention something about a hat and shirt.... let's just say, stay tuned for info on a new promotion to all Aurora owners in the near future.

Telemetry stuff is due very shortly.

Mike
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 AM
20/20 Hindsight

Funny you guys should mention something about a hat and shirt.... let's just say, stay tuned for info on a new promotion to all Aurora owners in the near future.

Mike
Right On! Will be worn with pride. Since April 160+ flights in 5 planes with zero radio problems or issues. The A9 has exceeded my expectations wildly, and allowed me to become a better pilot by virtue of not having any doubts about whether the airplane will do what I tell it to. The style of programming allows me to experiment with different setups easily as I gain more understanding of what I want a plane to do.

Thanks HiTec!

Snell
Old 08-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Michel

Mike
Hi

That-a-boy Mike , thanks for the reply .

Michel
Old 08-11-2010, 05:50 AM
rs402931

Gees,

Sorry guys, but i just got my Aurora 9 last week and it came with a nice hat, a tee shirt and really sharp sunglasses.

Bob S
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Hmmmm..........I had a coupon in my Aurora box for a hat, T-shirt, neck strap & a "Hitec Thong"!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't everybody????????????

Hey Michael........re-check yer box............

Tcat
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 AM
ExcaliburIII

That's Ok I already have two hats two shirts and a hooded sweatshirt. Thanks Mike and Brandon, I still need a flamed polo shirt to match my hat though......

Ya'all shoulda been at the Nall they was giving them away like candy.

I don't leave the house without my Flamed Hitec hat......

Wally
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Chancho

Hitec thong?  That sure would save the Mrs. a lot of money at Victoria Secrets to peek my interest.  Only if it comes with telemetry to get the feedback...

Seriously, looking forward to the T-shirt deal.  Shipping, cost, whatever - I'd wear one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.